Burning pain in upper abdomen

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had undergone endoscopy which revealed esophagus erosions and GERD and thus my doc put me on ppi's for almost 3.5 months and now i have started to reduce it's dosage but I still have burning sensation most of the time. It becomes severe when I consume spices, eggs,etc. Everything else was fine in endoscopy but now I wonder whether it could be H pylori infection as the condition is not healing completely. But doc never gave me antibiotics. I'm not facing any issues with digestion,belching,etc. So I'm confused that should I go for H pylori test or not? Is the symptom simply GERD related?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Iman, I'm surprised that your doctor didn't check you for h.pylori before you even went for the endoscopy. I know stomach issues do take along time to heal but if you're concerned then go back to your doctor as its only a simple blood test to check that you have the antibodies to fight out any infection.

Let me know how you get on.

• Posted

Hi Iman, it doesn't look as though your doctor did a h.pylori test just a full blood count.

I would go back an have one done. I'm surprised that they also didn't do a biopsy to check for it as that would've been the easiest and most accurate test. I know when I had an endoscopy a couple of years ago they did a biopsy to test for this too but not this time as I'd already had a blood test for this.

I've read alot of info about stomach problems and if you're not healing as quickly then its probable that you could have the h.pylori bacteria and its really easy to treat too.

Keep me updated. Take care.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.