Burning pain on the bottom of feet. anyone having this problem?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello,

I am about 3 weeks post opinion from bunion surgery and after lying still for awhile with foot up of course, I begin to feel a burning feeling at the balls o my feet. ( behind the knuckle of feet)It feels kinda of like the skin just got sliced off with a really sharp knife. It's a weird feeling. And when I try to pull the foot a little away from the inside of boot in hopes of relief, it burns even more. There is nothing to show for this pain. I thought maybe I'm getting a blister, but I'm not. Anyone having this burning feeling?? Is it a normal part of healing? Or should I be worried.

Thank you.

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jennifer, don't panic I think it is all part of the healling process! Well thats what i was told. We have just put our feet through surgery and the bones etc have been through trauma. I'm on week six nearly and still get an odd stabbing pain in the ball joint (bunion site) when i'm resting. Think everyone seems to be different but I love this site as it makes me feel normal and good to see all of us going through the different stages - there is light at the end of the tunnel although seems a long tunnel! Just keep resting seems to be the best thing. Good luck, hope this helps.
    • Posted

Thank you,

And yes it does help. I to am grateful to have this site through this tough time. It's comforting to know your not alone and everyone I So nice and helpful. I just can't wait till this is all over. I had no idea it was going to be so uncomfortable for so long. smile

Thank you,

• Posted

Jennifer, I too had this feeling in various parts of my foot. I'm 5 weeks post op and it is going away. I figured it was the skin as it is a little raw after having it bandaged for some time. Hang in there it will go away.
    • Posted

Thank you!! I get so worried because my Dr says I shouldn't be having more pain, but I am. I'm so glad we all have each other. smile
  • Posted

Hi Jennifer.  I had lots of strange feelings early on and still get the odd stabbing pain at 7 weeks post off.  At three weeks I was still experiencing lots of weird hot tingly sensations and a bit like frost bite I imagine at other times.  The foot has been through a lot of trauma so it is understandable.

it does improve but can be quite scary when it is happening. I'm called the fracture clinic at the hospital a couple of times to get reassurance while I was in early stages.

good luck ...it does improve.

• Posted

Thank you,

The burning feeling always comes at night. I hate it!!

I recently just read something on a Dr website that being the reason for it is: if the big toe was cut too short and it effects all the other toes. Tendons are being changed. Makes sense I guess. I'm so glad I have all of you for support because My Dr. thinks I'm a big baby and just tells me it's all in my head.Maybe so, but I still need the reassurance. The surgery was a scary thing to go through and so much can go wrong if your not careful. At least that's what I've always heard from everyone and every website. So these weird pains are always alarming. It seems most everyone is going through the same thing but nit at the same times as other in their recovery. My point is I'm happy I have this website..

I wish you a quick recovery. O yeah,

Arnica tabs are also very helpful. And fish oil if you can stand it

• Posted

Hi Jennifer, I had my operation just under a week ago and I have been experiencing this today too. I feel my the sole of my foot is on fire. 
  • Posted

This is my 4th wks and I am still experiencing this burning fire and extreme pressure on the bottom of my feet that is not going away. It's always at night just before I'm about to fall asleep. And sometime during the day. Didn't have this feeling in the beginning of my recovery. I'm concerned that it might be nerve damage. Since its not getting any better. Anyone in there late recovery still experiencing this? It's really bad.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.