burning pain, pins and needles,numbness & stiffness in both legs

Posted , 3 users are following.

Im a 35 year old woman , was very active played soccer, ran and went to the gym. 4 months ago I started to get burning pain ,pins and needles stiffness and deep pain in both my legs all below knee. Put it down to injury but 4 months on Im still the same, I have been to 3 Doctors , 1 neurologist , accuputure and A & E .. The neurologist said it was Restless leg syndrome and I took mirpexin which is for people with Parkinson’s disease , it gave me no relief at all, and symptoms are not just at night it all day. My doctor then put me on Lyrica which I went up too 200 mg a day, it got rid of burning but not the pain. My Vitamin D came back at 43 which doctor said is low, so now I am on 25000 Iu of vitamin D a week but 8 weeks on my symtoms have not got better. I am now  amitriptyline 25 mg which I take at night , its kinda working but im very very tired , I still have the stiffness and have good days and bad days. Im a mother to 2 small kids, I work and I feel im getting depressed as I am not dealing with this pain .. Please Help has anyone had these symptoms

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I take it that you don't have numbness in your legs. Did the neurologist do many tests before giving you the restless leg diagnosis?

• Posted

no the numbness is in my feet that comes and goes.. no he didnt do any tests said I have restless legs and gave me a prescription for mirapexin. My own doctor said that he dosent agree with it , im waiting to have  a MRI now 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.