Burning/Pulling pain in stomach 1 week after gallbladder removal

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi - I had my gallbladder removed laparoscopically 8 days ago and had to drive myself to my follow up appointment yesterday. That is the most I have moved in the last week and since yesterday I am getting this burning/pulling excruciating pain in the center of my stomach about 2 inches above my belly button. I think I may have strained that muscle getting in and out of my vehicle. It hurts to stand, sit, walk, cough & sneeze. I feel most comfortable laying down elevated. That area is also sensitive to touch. Has anyone else experienced this type of pain?

Thanks,

Cathy

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Cathy I had mine taking out 3 weeks ago. You will have that for about two weeks. You going to have to take it easy and give your body time to heal. Good Luck and take it eady.
    • Posted

Hi - Kenya thanks! I feel a little more at ease now knowing that it is all normal.band just part of the healing process. My doctor told me that I would be feeling better in 1 week and I think he was a little off base on that 😕.
    • Posted

I had mine done on monday, still very very sore, remember our body needs to get used to being with out an organ, I even have a bit of insomnia... Best of luck!
  • Posted

I had my op in 1992 one of the maybe first my hospital as new procedure then I spent 3 days in vomiting from anaesthetic and my stitches on outside they did to tight had to go down theatre and they had to not give me anaesthetic so B hurt After went home had no trouble Survey they gave you advice not what to do.? As in not drive for so many weeks don't forget. you have internal stitches and CLIPS. END OF WHERE THEY REMOVED Until this year did not even.know there 3 actually when had recent exray. Just because you had procedure other than old way doesn't mean it's not a major operation Your not suppose to be lifting driving Driving for least 4 weeks or LIFTING ANYTHING INCLUDING SHOPPING I'm speaking as a x nursing assistant retired, same as when.I had a Virginia hysterectomy had my cervix removed in 1985 was not allowed to lift anything for 3 months Just because you havnt got a big scar all round your body from a removal gallbladder you tend to forget when you move! My son's x girlfriend had her op and was told not to drive for six weeks so she could not drive to work! Take care and look your leaflet on discharge and if you didn't get one on does and don't share after op kick are For all you know you might have undone some internal stitches?
    • Posted

Sorry for some text having trouble. my mobile If you didn't get a leaflet on does and don't when you got home their not caring It seems now a days their to complacent over keyhole ops Yes it's less time in hospital but should be telling you not to do these things My son's girlfriend only had her op January so why didn't they tell you not to drive other Did they tell you about the procedure and say about clips doesn't seem they did same as me in 1992 about clips when they remove seal end of
    • Posted

Hi Melekie - thank you for the info! I was not even aware that there are clips! They did I would have a few internal stitches but they just glued and used steri-strips on the exterior. They also did not say anything about not driving! They told me I would be back to work in 1 week, which I am not. I have been out for 10 days now. The only restrictions I was given on my discharge paper is not to lift over 20 pounds for 6 weeks. I will be returning to work part-time on Monday but I am still very sore.
    • Posted

Should start asking why especially. about driving and clips As I said now to complacent about keyhole ops. You didn't say what sort of job you do did they ask. If it's a sitting down job your doctor? If not to soon to go back to work especially if you drive. No wonder your sore.!
  • Posted

thats the same pain iv got cathy and my doctor said its muscular as i only really feel it when i move. my name is cheeky87 so hopefull you can find my post as im looking for it myself and came accross yours. i'v not had my gall bladder removed yet. but i had that same pain burning and pulling you will read it in my post and i wanted to know if it was gall bladder pain i had the same pain a few weeks ago when it was found that i had a hernia. as the doctor said that the enlarged gall lbladdr which is held in by some kind of muscular mesh was very weak because of the enlarged gall bladder. i honestly think my skin is tearing. i even talk about it being painfull to touch and that was the same with the place i have the hernia i feel as though my whole body is rotting away and tearing underneath the skin. if iwas you and im going to be the same really take it easy and dont carry any heavy shopping as thats when im pain came on after i carried a heavy  bag. in a way im glad i'v found your post but in another way im not because i hope it doesnt mean that all my flesh is tearing.  i got stronger pain killers of the doctor tonight and as i said, sorry if im repeating mysefl the pain i'v got and burning and pulling is the same pain i had when the found the herina hope this helps. take it really easy  dont lift anything heavey be very gently physically. i wlll be watching this post go back to the doctor. and find out what it is and i will see for myself. im so worried myself i better shut up as my spelling is terrible and im rambling on. good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.