Burning rash on my forehead and at the side's of my nose under my eyes.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello, these symptoms have been ongoing for about 3 months. The only medications I take are 10 mg Nexium for silent reflux every day and 20 mg of Atorvastatin every 5thday for slightly raised cholesterol. Does anybody know if these medications could cause these symptoms. It is especially painful when there is exposure to sunshine.Many thanks.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi David

I don't get those symptoms from my statins however I do have exactly those symptoms when I have a flare up of Rosacae, ask your doctor if you may have it I've had good success with Seabuckthorn oil

• Posted

Thank you so much for your prompt kind reply. I will try to get hold of some Seabuckthorne oil.

Regards and best wishes, Dave

• Posted

Hi David - I can report to you that I suffered from an excema-like eruption on chest, back, around eyes, and particularly an the sides of nose. I was on 80 mgs of Artorvastatin which caused multiple, snowballing issues ignored by the "professionals.". Took me a couple of years to recover from these after I fired the quack and dumped that poison. I used products including Dermeze and 1% cortisol cream (Derm-Aid) in a sad attempt to battle the upsetting issue (I had always looked after my skin). The best product I found was Aveena moisturiser.

Might I suggest that if you have only slightly raised cholesterol, you attend to diet rather than take statins - it's a gateway drug to more serious issues (rhabdomyelosis, muscle wasting disease, Dementia, Type 2 diabetes.) The "Healthy" rate of cholesterol was artificially lowered by vested interests to squeeze more money from us lab rats. I am genetically predisposed to "high" LDL, and I will never take statins again. Good luck whatever you decide.

• Posted

Hi Wayne, many thanks for your kind reply. I totally agree with you. I tried the diet approach by going Vegan for a year, I don't drink or smoke and walk each day for exercise. After one year my cholesterol went up a whole point to 7.2. I think its hereditary. I tried Aveena but it burns like mad and inflames it terribly. Just started with Organic Rosewater and Aloe Vera gel, too soon to tell if its working.

Stopped the Statins and Nexium yesterday.

Once again big thank you for the advice.

Dave.

• Posted

Hi again David - thanks for your response. I'm stumped as to the cause of your situation - i can only suggest you consult a dermatologist for an answer.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.