Burning right breast

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all,

Hoping someone might be able to provide some guidance on the symptoms I'm experiencing.

About 2 weeks ago in the middle of the night I rolled over from my stomach onto my back and as I did I got a searing/burning pain in what felt like the tissue of my right breast. I didn't think much of it at the time, but it was painful enough to wake me up. For the past 2 weeks I have been experiencing similar pain if I push down on my breast or when laying on my stomach - it doesn't happen every single time if I'm very careful but it's enough to stop me in my tracks when I feel it. Even having a towel wrapped around me after a shower can cause pain if it's pushing down on my breast.

At the start of this week I then developed upper back pain on my right side, feels muscular and my partner says that when I bend my back over he can see what looks like a massive muscle knot there (there is definitely no lump or weird looking mass, he just said it looks as though my back is quite inflamed). It feels almost bruised and is very painful to touch. Under my right armpit is also quite tender, but there are no swollen glands.

I've felt around everywhere for any lumps/bumps in all areas and there has been no change to the shape/size/look/feel of my breast and overall I feel well. I have been working from home recently and probably dont have the best posture, but not sure if that has anything to do with it either.

I will be getting to a doctor within the next week (sooner if it doesnt get better), but just wanting to understand if anyone else has experienced something similar and whether the pain might be in correlation to my back hurting, or whether my back is hurting because of something that might be going on with my breast?

Thanks everyone!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

A few years ago I started to get a burning feeling in my breasts, it was bad before my period and when I was ovulating. It got so bad I couldn't wear a bra any more I wear bralettes now because they are so much more comfortable. Is your pain cyclical or is it all the time?

• Edited

aware this is and old post but wondered if you had any update? i feel i could have written this especially the burning pain turning in bed and poor posture due to working from home!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.