Burning sensation

Posted , 7 users are following.

I'm almost 5 weeks in taking 10mg cit. Whilst I am seeing an improvement to my overall mood for the past 3 days I've had an overwhelming burning sensation in my face, top of head and hands. Is this normal and will it go? its stressing me out which obviously isn't helping matters. I'm also not sleeping too well, I'm due back at work tomorrow, not sure if this is the cause. Has anyone had any similar experiences? Not sure if I need to come off them or stick with it.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

stick with them 5 weeks is so early still need to wait at least 8 to 12 weeks for meds to start doing their job properly. burning sensations are quite normal unfortunately and many people have it it usually related to anxiety. going back to work is probably stressing you out hence the increased anxiety that manifests itself by causing this burning sensation. it will pass, you might experience further side effects but they will pass. if u quit taking then now you will have horrid withdrawals so might as well give them time to work. it's not a pain killer and it takes long time to stabilize the serotonin levels I your brain.

• Posted

unfortunately its normal..i get it burning thru my stomach and chest..its not nice but it the anxiety..keep at it..im 10 weeks in tomoro

• Posted

its start up and or withdrawal symptoms, i know this as before withdrawal i never had anxiety

• Posted

hi. I'm also 5 weeks in on 20mg. I get this burning feeling starting from my legs up to my chest and head. I thought it was the start of a panic attack and I start breathing 4 in and 5 out and it sort of helps. now after reading this wonder if it's a side effect of the tablets??

• Posted

from my experience and ive been on and off plenty of meds its a start up and withdrawal thing!

• Posted

yes i have it too. Had it heaps at the start - havent had it for quite a few weeks and then had it when awake during the night last night. i think it is the start of a panic attack

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.