burning sensation and night sweats

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've been taking mirtazapine for sleep and to aid with benzo taper which was completed 6 weeks ago. Started with 3.75mg and now 9 weeks later have tapered down to 2mg.

Since I started 9 weeks ago I've had night sweats which at first attributed to benzo taper but since I haven't seen any lessening of this symptom it makes me think it's the mirtazapine?

Also, last night I not only woke up sweating but my back felt like it was on fire. Almost like a bad sunburn.

Anyway, did anyone have these symptoms as a side effect of either taking or tapering?

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I got night sweats when I started mirt - but they stopped after a few weeks.

Best wishes.

• Posted

sometimes I'll go a night or two without but mines is still pretty persistant unfortunately. The new burning sensation is what is concerning me more now as this is new.

• Edited

Hi, I think is from benzo withrawl. I'm not a doctor,but I stoped clonazepam 6 months ago and I taking remeron 3.6 mg. I still have bad headache from benzo withrawl. But is getting better very slowly. Benzo withrawl can last for 1-2 years even. Is depend how long you were on it. I hope it will be shorter for you. Burning skin is one of the comen  symtoms. I'm on benzo body forum and I got lots of info from there. Check out sucsessfull story on BB

Good luck 

I think you taper to fast. They recommend only 10% every 3-4 weeks.

• Posted

thanks Eva. I am aware of the 10% every 3-4 weeks but I'm wondering if that applies to even short term use? Otherwise it would take me forever to get off mirtazapine if indeed it is the culprit of night sweats and burning sensations. I know I should take it slower but I've been eating too much sweets on it plus having a hard time getting up in the morning any earlier than 8:30am. I need to start working again and this won't fly if I need to get up earlier.

I am also on Benzo Buddies. How long were you on clonazepam? I was taking it total 10 weeks with the taper included. It's possible that it may be the benzo but 6 weeks still?

• Edited

Hi Cheryl, 10 weeks is long enough to your brain to get use to it. They say after 2 weeks we are hooked on it. I was on it very short time to. Only 2 times 2 and half months last year. That time I did not know anything about withrawl or addiction. I never took any drug before in my life until last year. I believed doctors. Not any more. They have no idea what we going through. They never took any off the med. They don't mean any bad, they just don't have any idea what we going though. 

Back tou you I think 10 weeks is not consider any more short term use. And yes 6 weeks is very early. You can go though withrawl for months. I'm sure you read some story who used it for short time like 2 months and suffered for hole year. She could not belive it either but that's how long it took for her. I'm hoping for you is going to be shorter. I'm 6 months out and still have anxiety and headache. Before this I never had anxiety or bearly had headache. Now is every day. But it is getting better. I hope for you is not going to be this afoul experience. 

Hugs.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.