Burning sensation and spicy after taste

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone, I am feeling like I'm losing my mind. I am having a symptom that I'm not sure is apart of anxiety. I have a burning sensation in my face , stomach and throat. I also have like this after taste like I have been eating spicy food in my mouth and throat. It doesn't hurt but its annoying. My food and drink does not taste the same with this feeling. Does anyone experience this ?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi elizabeth.

I experience exactly the same! Plus I am getting dry eyes feeling often together with my mouth and tongue burning. I take Escitalopram and Mirtazapine

• Posted

Elizabeth, my meaning was that this started to me after some time using meds. So probably it can be just side effect. Sorry for english, not my native language
  • Posted

Hi Elizabeth,

Numb/tight feeling round face neck and back of head. Escitalopram???

take care Sxx 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.