Burning sensation around clitoris

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've started experiencing extreme burning around my vulva 4 months ago, it started suddenly and felt like a uti so I got a urine test and it was all good, I went to my obgyn and did an ultrasound, swab, pap and colposcopy as well as a blood test for everything from autoimune diseases to diabetes and everything was negative except for the fact that I had a leep extraction and it turned out to be cin1, the burning still continued, my doctor gave me a corticosteroid and it helped a little but didn't stop, I've also been to another obgyn and a urologist and they couldn't find anything wrong, but I have daily pain sometimes extreme sometimes not so bad. it's mostly around the clitoris and urethra and my clitoris does feel raw and sore. one doctor told me that there was a little dryness and redness the other said the skin looked healthy. when I checked I think I could see a little water bubble bellow the clitoris where it connects to the labia. I've taken antibiotics and topical corticosteroids but the burning won't go away and I'm desperate because it affecting me every day

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

The only thing I can think of that I haven't been rested for is hormones. And also can It be a reaction to antibiotics because I've been prescribed 4 different kinds in 5 months, two for a root canal as well as wisdom tooth surgeries and one just in case the urine test showed a false negative for uti, but apart from one antibiotic most of them I've taken after the burning started.

• Posted

HI, I have just read your post and I am experiencing the same symptoms as you. could you tell me, have you found anything that gives you relief? I would add that the whole of that area is bright red and looks incredibly sore. some days the soreness is worse than others but the redness never goes away.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.