Burning sensation during sex

Posted , 48 users are following.

I'm 20 years old and I've been having this burning sensation during sex for almost 2 months now. It all started in the beginning of May, when i had a vaginal yeast infection (it happend for the first time in my life and before that I didn't have any problems with my sex life). I went to my gynecologist and I was prescribed Gyno Dactarin (vaginal globules and cream). All the symptoms were gone in a couple of days and my yeast infection was cured. But when my boyfriend and I tried to have sex (couple of days after the treatment), I was feeling burning pain and therefore we had to stop. I went to the gynocologist again and she send me to dermatologist because I had a inflammation of my external genitalia (vulva). She prescribed Locoidon cream which I used for 7 days and then I went to the doctor again to make sure that everything is O.K. Everything looked fine, but when I tried to have sex, the burning sensation was still there (it is present mostly at the opening of the vagina and in the beginning, I also often feel sort of a tightening feeling during thrusting). I went to the gynecologist for 2 more times, but everything looked fine and there was no infection or inflammation, so she didn't do anything about it. She just suggested that we should wait for a couple of days before having sex again and that I should use some lube. We did all of that (we even had a break from the sex for more than 2 weeks), but nothing seems to help and the lube only reduces the problem a little bit, but the burning pain is still there. I should mention that we don't use condoms, because I'm on the pill, but we did try to use them and it didn't make any difference. I really don't know what to do anymore, so I was wondering if any of you had any idea how to get rid of this problem. 

Thanks for the comments smile

1 like, 69 replies

69 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I have the same problem! Within the last year, I lost my virginity to my current boyfriend. I'm 18 and sex has been great for the last few months! I got a UTI treated and if quickly came back within about two or three weeks.

I'm currently still on the medication for the second one an everytime my boyfriend and I begin to have sex, I find myself less mentally aroused and I have that same burning feeling everytime we change positions. It burns with or without a condom I just don't know what's wrong! After a few seconds the burning becomes more managable to I can continue to have sex but it just isn't as pleasurable as it used to be. If anyone has any suggestions I'd love to hear them!

• Posted

Hi Kat I am a seventeen year girl in the same positioin as you. I started taking Lo loestrin fe (birth control) in December of 2016. I had my period for 17 days then following I got a yeast infection. Ever since then, sex with my boyfriend has been painful. Depending on the position the pain changes. Yesterday I didnt even have pain now today it is unbearable. I know you posted this a while ago but I am desperate on how to fix this. Any help/advice would be really appreciated!!! 
  • Posted

Hi @Kat1234

This just happened to me then, I've been thinking about my partner all day and when he finally came home we hit the shower and got a bit frisky. We had sex in the shower and that didn't hurt at all.

We moved it to the bedroom and he ate me out then I continued by riding him, that's when it hurt. The sharp burning pain inside of me. We switched positions and then it was fine enough to get through it.

I went to the toilet to flush myself out ( wee and wipe ) and the sudden stinging of the urine passing and the buring in the inside of me.

I'm currently drinking a cytitis powder form of medication to help with the buring and stinging urine but it's just sore.

About a week ago I had really bad lower abdominal pains whilst having my period and trust me they weren't normal cramps! I got two needles and received panadine forte to take for the cramps buts it's almost gone now.

I have gotten a referral to have an ultrasound on my pelvic region and to have an STI screen. I donate blood so I think I would be told if I had that. I don't know what it is but I feel so bad and sore.

Hope your okay now!!

• Posted

And it may help to know I take birth control too
  • Posted

Hi everyone I'm currently having the same problem with my boyfriend and been have on and off for about 2 years now.... I find it very helpful if I drink ALOT of water all the time. my doctor told me it could be because my body is dried out and even though my vigina feels wet it doesn't mean my body isn't dried out.. So water helps for me! But if I drink juice or anything and don't drink enough water the burning will happen! So try this and hopefully it'll help! Btw you have to drink water the whole week! Good luck

• Posted

Ive been having the same problem! After sex i get this burning sensation when i pee and the stinging lingers after for a while. Im in a new relationship for i thought it was maybe too much sex and i was sore from it. So my bf and i took a little break from sex but its the same thing when we start up again. We dont use condoms and i am on bc as well. I also thought maybe its his semen thats making me burn but that was not the case before so why now? Now that you mentioned drinking more water it makes more sense now! Lately i havent been drinking enough water and i also told my bf that im always so dehydrated and i never put two and two together! Ive always had a problem with dehydration and i think this is why ive been having problems! Thank you for the tip! Def gonna start chugging that h2o!
  • Posted

Hi, I'm a 23 old female. For the past 8 months sex has been absolutely terrible. It upsets me so much because it affects my relationship. My partner is good, but I get so disappointed in myself. Our sex life for the first 4 months together was amazing then it all changed, I've been tested for everything under the sun and even had an operation to look inside check for endometriosis, and very single test came back clear. My doctors have given up, and just can't find the cause. During intercouse I feel a burning/ stinging pain, we've used every type of lube possible, tried giving it a break, but nothing works. The pain seems to be getting worse, it feels like it's red raw inside or like the walls are being scrapped with sandpaper but all the doctors have said it looks fine. If anyone does anything that helps please let me know, I just don't know where to go from here sad

• Posted

Omg I want to thank you for this. You have just d scribed everything perfectly that I've been experiencing. Even your responses to the comments. Mine has been happening for about a month and a half. Did you ever get it fixed?

• Posted

Unfortunately no, we are continuing to try thing however for me I feel the pain is getting worse. I am going to take a break from the birth control I use at the moment and switch to something else. We are almost out of options, I've been told there is a lady that runs a free clinic day in my area for unusual cases like these. One of the doctors has told me to go there as a last hope, he said sometimes these things happened and because they don't know a whole lot about the female vagina yet they can't do much. (I was devastated at this news)

• Posted

Renée. I seem to have fixed my problem. I think it goes way back to when my guy had given me a foot massage and he had also pet my dogs before we got intimate, etc. and he had not washed his hands first. So I ordered three different kinds of antifungals. One was Tolnaftate, one was Clotrimazole, and one was Miconazole. I squeezed a bit of each one into one of those large plastic medicine syringes and injected it into my vagina as far as I could for several days in a

row. I told my guy what I was doing and that and it would be good if he had sex with me while it was in there so it would get all over him too (and inside possibly). I also had some fluocinonide cream for my psoriasis and thinking that it could be a rare case of inverse psoriasis, I very carefully figured out exactly where the painful spot was and was very careful to get that steroid cream right on that area just inside and at the entrance of the vagina. I did not do that medicine before sex because really it should not be placed genitals except in severe cases and my guy had not been experiencing any burning pain no I did not want to expose him to that fluocinonide. That along with my antifungal seems to have taken care of the pain! We also still use a lot of all of Olive oil when we're having sex because I'm so afraid of irritating anything in there and having the problems start up all over again. I hope this helps you. You've been dealing with this for way too long. I don't know why I didn't get a notice when you responded from this forum but I will check back later to make sure you got this advice

• Posted

I had burning and it burned my partner as well. Felt like fire! I was tested for everything. I seen a few different docs who all treated me for a yeast infection and 2 1/2 years later during my yearly exam a doctor finally figured out I had VIN 3 and it was close to being cancer. I had never even heard of this before. For those of you with burning it might be a good idea to get tested for HPV. It causes these conditions and isn't on their normal list they check for. If caught early it's easily delt with. If it's misdiagnosed like it was for me it's bad. I've already had one laser sugery downstairs leaving 2nd & 3rd degree burns and cuts. You can get this on the inside and outside of your lady parts and it can have nothing to do with your pap...as mine were normal.

• Posted

@1misses515 I was recently diagnosed with a yeast infection two weeks ago and I went to the river and since yesterday the first day out on the river my vagina started to itch so bad. So I took a shower twice and cleaned it, then me and my fiancé tried to have sex and it burned soooooo bad. Tried again this morning and it's unbearable so I went to the store to get monistat. I also have a little discharge symptoms of a yeast infection but I've never had burning during sex? I'm worried. Just got checked two weeks ago for STDS. and I'm fine. But I was diagnosed I believe two years ago with HPV. Could that be the cause ?

• Posted

HPV is std.

get it cheked must be yeast infection came back or another issues like UTI or BV

• Posted

Hello Ladies!

So any update for this topic? did anyone of you solve the problem? any treatment? or it will disappear eventually?

I've been diagnosed of yeast infection last 3 weeks ago, and i finished my treatment and all the discharge and itchiness in vulva is gone. I've been taking probaiotics supplement just in case it might come back coz i'm on pills but i felt like it made me dry down there so when i had sex again with my boyfriend 2x after the treatment i can still feel the burning from thrusting.. but no more itchiness its just burning on the opening of my vagina. 

My own diagnosis is i get dry so fast or the semen irritates my healing vulva...

SO I decide to stop taking the pills coz i worry that my yeast infection will come back and i might get drier more than this.. so lets see how it goes.

the burning is gone the next day... and i still feel arouse and sometimes i finger myself and theres no irritation. this is reallly frustrating.

• Posted

I am soooo relieved to hear I'm not the only one, but not relieved to see there's not a lot of cure this problem here. I'm 20 and mine started the same exact way with a yeast infection, then they said it was BV, then they told me I was fine but I still experience burning during sex.

I'm wondering - a lot of you said you were on the pill?

Which pill is everybody on? When I first started taking the pill, I was on the regular ortho-tricyclen (not the low dose) but I switched to ortho-tricyclen lo about two years ago because I had a feeling that it was the pill that was causing me not to get wet at all during sex... And I was right. After I switched to the lower dosage I no longer felt pain during sex and it was amazing! Up until about two months ago. My only symptom is pain during sex, I'm not really itchy and there's no weird discharge or odor..

Could it possibly be the birth control that is causing this?

Press52930, did getting off the pill help you at all??

I desperately want to find an answer to this, because pretty much everything on the internet is a dead end about how to fix burning intercourse and its pretty crazy that this many women have to go through this all the time.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.