Burning sensation in my stomach with shortness of breath

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've been having shortness of breath for about 1 month and 2 weeks already. Doctors keep telling me its anxiety. But I just started having a NEW symptom today which I have never had. I've been having a Burning feeling in my stomach and its very bothersome. It kind of feels like a burning hot flash but in the stomach only. Should I be concerned ? Is this part of the general anxiety I have ? I'm a 25 year old male not anemic either.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

anxiety can have hundreds of symptoms! Stomach issues are very common with anxiety. When do you get the burning feeling ?  after you eat? Or random? Have you tried any over-the-counter products like antacids

Have you told your doctor about this?

• Posted

Hey Jan thanks for the reply . no I haven't told my doctor about this but I will first thing tomorrow morning sense I have an appointment with my psychiatrist and ill keep you updated . this burning in the stomach problem just began today its very annoying. And the burning sensation has been there sense early morning whether I eat or not its there. I'm hoping it's not anything abnormal.

• Posted

You shouldn't probably worry but in any case, I will ask you couple of questions and can only give my wisdom based on my experience through my own life (I am not a medic! but also not an idiot).

if the burning sensation is coming and going then there is probably a chance that it is reflux, try eat a bit oily stuff like handful of nuts or half of that.

If the pain is there can you describe exactly what sort of the pain is it?

Is the pain consistent or is it coming and going?

Do you feel as if you have taken dump but you cannot?

Does the pain has spread to any part than your stomach? 

• Posted

Its not really pain to be honest its more like a bothersome burning 🔥 feeling and then I get hot flashes in my chest and arms as well along with the stomach burning. & I don't have a problem taking a dump. But yeah its more like a hot flash in my stomach and then it travels to the chest and arms... I had an acid reflux problem in 2014 but I had surgery for it it was a hiatal hernia surgery.

• Posted

But again you can have acid reflux for many different reasons. I don't believe that the condition is serious but please let your doctor or medic check it. 

Good Luck

• Posted

Yes unfortunatley the burning sensation is the acid reflux, you should talk to your dr about the burning sensation in your stomach Dr can probably presribe you something or let you know what to get over the counter
    • Posted

I sure will tomorrow morning I have a Drs appointment. sense its very bothersome. I kept waking up at night this morning with that burning sensation. Hopefully it Is acid reflux. I've red that there's other stuff like stomach cancer that mimics these same symptoms.

• Posted

Try not to look up symptoms because they will just make you feel more anxious and the odds of it being stomach cancer is extremely low!!  I'm thinking you're pretty young And it's unheard of in your age group.  .  Much higher chance it's acid reflux or something similar given your history. 

You will be fine 😁

• Posted

Saber Wolf, you mentioned you had surgery for a hiatal hernia... what were your symptoms of this prior to your diagnosis? I am having a burning sensation in my stomach too that goes up to my chest and some chest and back pain. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.