Burning sensation in stomach

Posted , 8 users are following.

I am having some major burning in my stomach, at times worse than others. I feel nauseated the majority of the time and I throw up after almost every meal. Sometimes a lot, and it has blood in it. The burning sensation has woken me up at night and I've also had a knot come and go that almost feels like a muscle cramp on the mid right side.  Also experiencing diarrhea that is oily looking.  I can't get in to my dr for two weeks...what does this sound like? And there is no possibility of pregnancy because I had a full hysterectomy years ago.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I would go to the ER it sounds pretty serious. I would not wait 2 weeks
  • Posted

It could be your appendix in that case get it checked out asap it could kill you if it ruptures
  • Posted

Hi jessica78550

It sounds as if you have gastritis which causes burning due to inflammation of the lining of the stomach. It could also be you have HPylori a stomach bacteria that causes the symptoms you describe. Due to the fact you are bringing up blood..do you help the vomit by putting your fingers down your throat as this could cause the bleeding by scraping the lining of your throat..if you are not doing this and theres blood anyway, then you should go to A and E if you cannot see your doc sooner......best wishes...

• Posted

How are you doing now jessica
    • Posted

I am about the same. My dr is pretty sure it's either gastritis or an ulcer. I am to have an extremely bland diet and take the prescribed meds. If it is still the same after 4 weeks (how long he said it takes stomach lining to regenerate) then he will do a scope.

Thanks for checking on me!

• Posted

Yes I was told gastritis too, the pain is awful it just takes over your life I've been like this 11 weeks now and still no further forward. All I had to get to this gastritis diagnosis was dr feeling my stomach then a stethoscope no tests certainly no endoscopy and given omperazole is that the tablet they have given uouuou

• Posted

Hi jessica78550

Have you been tested for HPylori a stomach bacteria which causes the symptoms you describe..you can be tested via breath test, stool test and endoscopy and blood test although a blood test doesn't always pick it up..it can be treated with a 3 course antibiotic..ask your doc for a test..my very best wished to you....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.