Burning sensation in stomach bloating nausea can't sleep feel full after eating worried

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi ive been having burning sensation in my stomach behind my navel for around 2 weeks now my stomach feels bloated I feel nauseous and can only eat small meals as I feel full afterwards my doctor has been treating me with omeprazole since February for acid reflux and says I have a weak immune system at the moment im having a camera down on Thursday and am so petrified I have stomach cancer as my father died of this to be honest I've convinced myself i have cancer I'm a nervous wreck im a 52 year old female who is very frightened please has anyone any advice

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello, please try not to worry, I've had a similar situation. My burning pain started about 10 years ago and the only thing that helped at the time was omeprazole. I was sure I had cancer as well and thought the absolute worst. After 2 scopes, a bunch of tests and years later, my GI doc said that I have functional dyspepsia and ibs... which is basically pain and burning in the stomach without a known cause. Stress, lifestyle factors, and other issues bring it on... so if you get your scope and they can't find anything wrong, I'm in the same boat. If they do find anything, it may most likely just be an ulcer, hernia, or something like that. I understand your fears, especially if your father passed away from stomach cancer, but it could be so many things. Did your father have any burning pain or anything like that? If not, and you do, chances are it's not cancer. I know alot of people have said that they didn't feel a whole lot with stomach cancer other than being full alot, bloody vomit or stools, things like that. Keeping you in my prayers, and please keep us posted!

• Posted

hi many thanks for reading my post and replying I am on omeprazole 20mg twice a day spoke to doctor today because of burning sensation he said I can take up to 80mg a day as burning won't go no sickness or black stools but still very worried

• Edited

By the way, the scope is a breeze. I was so nervous to have one and it was nothing at all. They put me under, and I was up like 30 mins later. I actually liked the experience lol, and felt really relaxed when I woke up. Ask your doctor about Dexilant, it's a stronger ppi and helped me alot with my last episode. It's what I'm on now, 60 mgs. Some insurances won't cover it, but if your doctor tells them you absolutely need it, chances are they'll clear it for you.

• Posted

Sure, no problem! If you end up getting your scope done, let us know how it turns out!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.