Burning sensation right flank/ mid right back for months.

Posted , 3 users are following.

31 year old male. About 2 months now I have been getting this pain around my right flank area. It radiates around the right side of my back midway up. Sometimes goes higher and sometimes goes towards the middle of my back.

The feeling is hard to explain. It's not painful really it's more so annoying. It feels more like a burning sensation. best way I can describe it is like when you get acid reflex in your chest except I feel this is the back but only on that one side.

Weird thing is it never bothers me when I sleep or when I wake up in the morning. been trying to keep track of when it happens and it doesn't seem to start until I eat breakfast. Then it occurs on and off throughout the day. No blood in urine. The only thing I do get slight foam/bubbles but only when I have not been drinking enough other than that it's clear. Appetite and energy have both been fine as well.

Mentioned it to my doc last visit and she kind of blew it off. Got blood work for my kidneys and egfr was 91.

Got back in touch with her saying it's still occurring so she's going to do a urine analysis and maybe imaging.

I'm panicking and freaking out it's something serious like cancer. Anyone have any ideas.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Wolfy I wonder if this is chronic

cholecystitis. The sensation can build during day often after eating and feel like pressure and cramping . The pain can be dull and can come and go . Sounds like your doc wants to rule out a UTI infection as your symptoms fit this too, might not show in blood work but should in urine. I'd ask for ultrasound if nothing shows up as it does sound like you could have a gallstone .

Hope you get it sorted.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.