Burning Sensations

Posted , 6 users are following.

It started thursday night. Just woke me up. At first I felt a Nausea type of feeling. Felt a little weak, I did panic a bit it being the first time. I felt cold and shakey. It went away after staying up an hour or so until I felt well enough to sleep. I did drink coffee late and ate food as well. Idk if that could be the cause. I was ok friday, and earlier today it happened to me again, I drank 2 big cups of coffee before as well. Idk if coffee can be a small factor in it maki g me feel this way. I haven't been getting much sleep. I go to bed late. Sleep like 4-6 hours and usually drink coffee in the morning. Idk if its stress. But this time this feeling lasted hours. I felt like I might have had trouble breathing from it but I couldn't tell because nose is clogged up most the times and i seem to take a lot of deep breaths through my nose out of habit of my synosis. So I endes up eating soup and felt a similar but more subtle burning sensation in my stomach. I wasn't convinced about my stomach issue still. So I waited until I felt better again and then ate soup again. And again started feeling a real subtle burning sensation in my stomach. I've also been getting subtle lower back pain...IDK if it's do from bad posture or the illness.

Does anyone have any idea?

I'm going to get better sleep and stop drinking coffee and see if I get this illness again that seems to come and go. I'll be eating much healthier as well. I'm a person who hates the whole body feeling weird feeling. I really hate going through things like this because It scares me.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Iam. Hello, good choice on the late night eating and coffee. Stick to it you might feel better. So just the nausea anything else. Pain anywhere if so where.
  • Posted

Hello.. This is absolutly crazy. This is actually the exact thing that happened to me as well. 100 % the same. It all started the same as you the 21 of mars this year. I promise you. I used thousand of dollars and 11 doctors and was even put in the hospital for 4 days. Every test and scan was done. Even swallowed the camera. NOTHING was found. And the pain was so bad that i tought i was going crazy. I checked my self out of the hospital because they did absouletely nothing for me. The same day i got home i was on the urge to not want to live anymore. I tried one last doc. He said so many tests are false negative so we trie to put you on a tripple therapy for helicobacter. And what happend felt like a miracle to me. Next day the intense burning was gone. I went from mars to june with teribble burn in my stomach, back and arms felt like the skin was burning. It was terrible feeling in three months. Acking ribs as well. But today because of all the medications i have some small side efects i hope to soon be gone. But im glad im not in the same situation as earlier this year. I had tried every ppis is out there and nothing touched the burning. But togheter with antibiotics it was gone. Sorry bad english. Im from Norway. Please keep in touch maybe you find a solution we can share if it happens again. My stomach burned mostly under the navel and moved to the middle of stomach. The flanck burned sometimes as well.. where do you feel it burns??
  • Posted

How old are you? Male or Female?

BMI?

When in your tummy do you feel the burning?

Does it ever spread up to your throat?

It sounds as though you have gastro-oesophageal reflux disease (GORD). Try drinking milk when it happens - see if that relieves it.

• Posted

Coffee and eating late are not good for your digestion. Try going to bed earlier, cut out coffee and don't eat before you go to bed.  Keep a food diary to see if a particular food triggers the burning.  You may have reflux or gastritis.  See your doctor if you are no better after a week.  Try not to worry because it will make the burning worse.  Trouble breathing can be caused by stress.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.