Burning sensations on face??

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all...so, I'm Day 19 on 100mg now, having been on 50mg for 2 1/2 weeks prior to that. These last few days I've noticed that I been feeling burning sensations on patches of my face, mostly either side and around my mouth. It tends to happen when I'm experiencing heightened anxiety, which also seems to be sometimes triggered without a thought being involved. Has anyone else experienced this?

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I get every now and then burning almost cold feet and sore jaw 

Freaks me out

• Posted

Ah yes trish, I remember you telling me that now. The palms of my hands and soles of my feet have also been burning. I notice them mostly when I'm in bed. Day 20 on 100mg and I feel no further forward today....hoping to see good progression soon. Hope you're feeling better x

• Posted

Hi 

I dont get the burning but i get the feeling that someone is pulling my face amd i have pressure in my ears. 

• Posted

I get the feeling of pressure in my ears too Raj. I can't wait for the day that all these side effects go away, my brain is fixed and I'm back to normal again!

• Posted

Not a lot of difference yet. 5 1/2 weeks in....wake feeling very anxious every morning, afternoons better, evenings can be troublesome too. So still having to take at least 1 x 2mg diazepam every day.
    • Posted

Hi Gabrielle, 

I still need to use diazapam too.. I was on mitazapine for 4 months with not much change so the doc has added Citalopram with the view to stop mitazapine.... 

There is alot of support on this site with people giving their own experience to how these tablets helped them so we just need to hold onto that...

I started off with pressure in my ears which then esculated to full blown anxiety... im hoping cit gets rid of them soon xx

• Posted

I had the burning like my skin was in fire from the inside... it started a few weeks in and went away after a week or so...
    • Posted

Thank you for your reply....it's reassuring to know that these are indeed side effects. When I tell folk about them, they look at me like I'm mad, that it's just another physical aspect of my own anxiety rather than side effects of the meds. 

• Posted

hi i m having the same sensation. did it go away? i am on 25g 6th day of sertraline. i am very worried.

• Posted

I've been having this on/off again burning sensation on my tongue.

I thought it wasn't related to Sertraline, but reading the various places you guys are feeling a burning sensation, it's getting me thinking. It lasts continually for about a week, then goes away for about 10 days, then comes back again. More frustrating than anything else.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.