Burning skin sensation - Hydroxychloroquine & Biologics

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello, after a very challenging year last year I finally seem to be on track with no pain and more energy. Iv been on Hydroxychloroquine since last summer and Biologics since February, I'm feeling well regarding the pain however for the last 3 weeks iv had a patch on my left lower side that's burning, it feels as though iv been sunburnt and only in that one place. I went to the doctors who gave me some ointment and suggested it may be Shingles, today, I returned seeing another doctor as its really burning and he suggests iv pulled myself, which I know I havnt as it's not pain it's a burning on my skin. Has anyone else experienced anything like this could it be anything to do with the medication?

Xx

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I hope someone knows the answer. All I can say is that shingles can cause burning but also a rash along the line of a nerve path. Generally not a small area. Have you contacted your rheumatology doc/ nurse to let them know what is happening. I hope it's easing up. but do keep persisting with the doc that it's bothersome I know with my RA I have had burning sensation in my foot but no redness, swelling or rash there

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.