burning/sore feeling inbetween shoulder blades

Posted , 5 users are following.

would this feeling be associated with gastric reflux?  i have had this for about a week now.  thanks

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

While those symptoms can be associated with a lot of conditions, it can be an excalated case of acid reflux (GERD) which can only be determined with medical examinations, etc.  Speak with your GP; PCP; or whomever gives your professional health care.  You do not want years to go by (like me) and just "get use to it".  Acid reflux does happen from time to time due to spicy foods, fatty foods or acidic fruits, etc.  But when it's happening almost everytime you eat or even when you're not eating, then you need to see your doctor.  My advice...tell them everything you're experiencing and do not settle for over the counter drugs that give temporary relief 48 hours later!
    • Posted

Yes, the problem is that over the years i have got used to the symptoms of GERD and have been taking Omeprazole for years (on and off) but for the past week or so i have increased my dosage to ease the symptoms but i will be seeing a GP on Friday so will go armed with all my notes on how i feel.
  • Posted

Hi,

I too have acid reflux problems.  I have only been on medication for two months so its still early days for me.  I have had a gastroscopy last week that I will be getting the results of tomorrow when I see my gastro dr again.  I have had discomfort inbetween my shoulder blades, as well as sharp pain around my left rib area.  I will also be getting this looked into plus you don't know what the meds side effects maybe too.

Hope you get sorted.

Amanda.

• Posted

Assuming you've been Dx with GORD, the reflux can cause pain which is referred. For example my GORD can cause pain in the sternum area (not cardiac related)

If it doesn't clear up, speak to your GP. Are you on Omeprazole / lansoprazole? If so the dose may need adjusted.

• Posted

Yup, it can happen due to reflux. I have had it and felt better after a month on PPI's. I dont have it now, although I do get it mildly sometimes but its mostly gone. Are you on medication??
  • Posted

I saw my GP on Friday and he has referred me to have an ultrasound scan and he said that after that, i can have an endoscopy if i wish.  I have now dropped down from 30mg of Omeprazole to just the one tablet (20mg) in the last week or so and it seems to be improving.  I seem to get 'flare ups' now and again when i don't take my medication regularly so it seems i may just as well take a tablet daily to keep it at bay.  I am very overweight so i need to lose weight to improve my condition - i hate having this condition :-(

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.