Burning stomach/colon

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi!

I am an 56 year old Male and I have been having issues with a burning stomach for the past 3 years. I had an endoscopy done 3 years ago and it showed my stomach was inflamed, but nothing else showed up. I then had a colonoscopy done 2 years ago and one polyp was found and removed. The polyp was not precancerous.

Since I had gallstones, the dr suggested that my gallbladder may be the cause so I had it removed 4 weeks ago. After the gallbladder removal, I had no stomach issues until yesterday when the burning returned. I also have some mild nausea and feel lightheaded.

The burning pain is mostly on both sides and also the upper abdomen. Sometime I feel it around my belly button. I also experience some bloating at times. Sometimes I have very mild chills and some shaking. Pressing with my hand on the pain spot seems to relieve it somewhat.

No bloody stools, except when my hemorrhoids are painful and irritated.

Any ideas what my next steps should be?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

You could have a food intolerance or possibly allergy, have you tried cutting certain food types out of your diet for a month. For example wheat or dairy? Check with your doctor first and ask to see a dietician so if you eliminate a food type you can get all the right nutrients you need from other foods. I have experienced pain around the belly button and bloating, mine is IBS though and have recently tried kefir yoghurt drinks which have really helped my symptoms. I am not usually good with lactose but this doesn't seem to be so much of a problem with me.

Are you taking anything like ppi tablets for the inflammation?

• Posted

II do know that after gallbladder removal people can have diarrhea for a long long time and nausea and you just have to watch everything that you eat until your gallbladder gets used to being gone I have terrible gallstones and the doctor will not remove my gallbladder he says unless I have a gallbladder attack he will not do it they sent me to the surgeon twice and says no so just be real careful on what you eat

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.