Burning/strange sensations in feet?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Another day, another weird symptom that has me questioning everything. Has anyone else experienced a hot/cold flash or 'burning' sensation in their feet? I managed to walk to the supermarket and back today, but it brought on this weird sensation. It's kind of like the burning sensations I had in my legs when the acute infection first kicked in, but they went away. Pair that with random tingling and muscle twitches and joint pain and I wonder what the hell the virus is up to 😦

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Emma,

I have not had burning on my feet, but burning patches of skin elsewhere on my body.

• Posted

Hey Emma,

I absolutely remember experiencing this kind of thing! I had the low grade fever rushing through my body and felt it would cause strange feelings / sensations in my limbs, it was a horrible feeling, and it can definitely reach the extremities like the feet and hands. I also remember having weird twitchings too, this was more of a weird symptom for me rather than a troublesome one, but just want to reassure that this kind of thing definitely can be common.

I had a terrible phase of joint pain during the virus too Emma, it was horrible and scared me so much.

I just hope things all stabilise and settle for you very soon Emma, it's such a terribly hard and painful experience to go through physically and emotionally. One thing to hold onto Emma is that these symptoms definitely ALL DO GO AWAY with time - I know that doesn't always help much at the time in the midst of it. Some days I remember all I could do was just hang on and keep praying to God for breakthrough and turn around. I know it was only down to God that I was able to get through it, and any trial I've ever been through.

Thinking about you Emma, hoping for a better weekend ahead and remember you will get through this and will get better - I 1000% believe in my heart for you and have the faith for you at this time even if it's hard for you to see or feel that yourself which I can only imagine it must be.

Keep in touch,

Craig

• Posted

Hi Craig,

Glad to hear you felt something similar (although not glad to hear your went through it, if you know what I mean). The new symptoms that pop their head up are especially scary. I had a better day today, so am thankful for that. It's the rough days that make it hard to see the improvement.

Hope you're doing okay 😃

• Posted

I totally understand Emma as someone who also finds it so stressful when symptoms occur and it's truly dreadful when your mind is racing away and awful and overwhelming feelings of anxiety, panic and fear hit home. It is truly the worst thing and I wouldn't wish those feelings on my worst enemy.

Just want you to know I'm thinking about you and to absolutely reassure you that all of the symptoms I've read you post about these past few weeks are symptoms that in my understanding / experience can be common and normal when going through mono, and that they all do go away and settle down and I believe that in no way will inhibit your body from making a full and longer term recovery.

Thanks for asking how I'm doing too, just taking things one day at a time myself too have been through some tough times with injuries and anxiety and all of these experiences too lately Emma, so I'm with you in all this and want you to know I'm rooting for you every day and believing that God is going to heal you COMPLETELY from this awful virus and time of suffering, hang in there.

Craig

• Posted

Im feeling it everyday for 3 months .... sometimes extreme cold in palms, and feet and some times burning hot in palms , feet and elbow...... I wonder this is associated with the fever i have Checking the calendar everyday that I crossed one more day and moved to step ahead towards the light of healing...

• Posted

Hi Emma:

I have not had burning in my feet but did have burning in other parts of my body. This moved into what felt like a thousand needles going through my face/scalp/neck/chest. Then that shifted to intense itching. The progression of all that was about 4 months.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.