Burning throat sensation

Posted , 2 users are following.

please help does anyone else suffer with a burning throat sensation and what do you do to make it feel better...also is there foods which make it feel more painfull..

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi there yes I get this and all the way down to upper part of stomach at times don't eat spicey foods eat soft plain foods don't drink coffe and fizzy drinks make sure your foods not hot  just warm when you eat it and also just warm drinks not hot or very cold  water will make  it worse eat slowly don't rush and I'm sure it will settle  down I have flare ups of this problem 

• Posted

hello..thankyou for helping..was on meds from the doctor but they seemed to make me worse..so stooped taking them..now just take gavison and chewing gum helps..
    • Posted

I'm on PPI medication and still get burning almost every day have you tried Zantac they are a good alternative and not so potent on the body 

• Posted

it's horrible isn't it..if had it for about 5months and it really gets me down..doctors weren't much help..the PPI I tried just upset my stomach badly..the last doctor said I should take nexium..

• Posted

That's a PPI medication Zantac I don't a safer option try it 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.