Burning tongue?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all. I've been off of Prozac for about two weeks now. I took 10 mgs for 10 weeks. From the moment I took my first pill, I've had issues with my tongue and sometimes my throat burning. I assume it's burning mouth syndrome, and from the timing I feel like it has to be from the Prozac. Has anyone else had issues with this? Thanks and hope you are all doing well.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Yes I had the same on and off for 6 months I have been taking. Also had sores on outside lips in each corner, also have problem with bleeding gums all regular side effects of prozac
    • Posted

Thanks Woo. I also wondered if it could be caused by hormone imbalances. But since it literally started after taking my first pill, I know the Prozac has to have something to do with it. Did you ever find anything to make it better? It gets worse when I eat.
  • Posted

Were you taking the main brand or a generic? I refuse to take anything generic as have had side effects from the filler in the product before. My sister ended up in hospital a while back because her pharmacist gave her the generic brand of her usual medication and she got sick. Just a thought. Main brands cost extra but I just do not care especially if not always getting the meds from the same drug store.
    • Posted

It was the generic. I'm hoping that there will be improvement as it leaves my system, but so far it's been the same.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.