Burning tongue

Posted , 8 users are following.

For the last two days I have been suffering from burning tongue, like if I had gotten burned by drinking a hot liquid, only I have not. Anybody else?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Edited

Hi Maria,

this is yet another of the wonderful symptoms of peri and the menopause. There is no actual cure, although you can ensure your B levels are supplemented. Sorry to say it could be a symptom that will be with you for quite some time!!!

• Edited

I've experienced this, too, and it is super annoying. Fortunately, in my case, it went away on its own after about a month or so. I don’t believe there is anything that you can do to fix it, although I did find that some of the mouthwashes and sprays for dry mouth symptoms were helpful.

• Edited

You are not alone!!! I've been dealing with it since last Sept! Daily, all day and gets worse at night! I was on a heavy dose of antibiotics, managed to not only get a yeast infection but also oral thrush, 3 different meds to clear the thrush to no avail, went on a yeast diet, nothing seemed to work. Went to an ENT, he says its silent acid reflux, put me on a stomach med which made it worse! I've decided it was neither thrush or acid reflux but my stupid lack of hormones. I'm starting B12 and I'm using Act dry mouth rinse and changed my toothpaste to a sensitive teeth and gums kind. So far the mouth wash and tooth paste change has helped a bit. I'm also chewing sugar free gum, helps keep my mind off of it. Its driving me insane!!!

• Edited

Thank you all for your replies. It really helps to know I am not alone in this nightmare : )

• Edited

I had this symptoms last month and still have it from time to time. Its a menopause symptoms. I've started taking B12 vitamins, seems its helpful as I'm taking it for 3days now. I also get lump sensation in my throat.

Hopefully this will get better soon.

K

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.