Burning Tongue

Posted , 2 users are following.

Ok so about 3 weeks ago I started getting a sore throat and it was on and off for awhile.Well 1 time that it came back it was accompanied by a burning tongue just like when you eat something hot and it scolds your mouth that's how my tongue has felt for the past week.I do not have any sores or spots on it but it was kinda white the other day.It was hurting to swallow which then caused me to have ear pain in both ears.Some days the pain is ok other days I feel like my throat is swelling Since this covid 19 I cant get into see my dr so i did a phone call and he prescribed me penicillin today is day 2 and it hasnt helped yet.I have garbled warn salt water,ate popsicles anything to help and I'm not having any luck Has anyone ever had this happen my main concern in my tongue burning it's a mystery when I tell people about it they look at me like I wierd I'd appreciate any help that I can get T.i a

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Yes l have these symptoms that started approx 3 weeks ago . Mine also stated with a sore throat. Then the back of my tongue hurt like burning. My sore throat came and went. l too gargled with salt water which l initially thought was working, but my sore throat is there most of the time now as well as my tongue hurts like burning. l feel as if my throat is closing and get discomfort it my right ear when l swallow. l also have a dry cough that comes and goes. l haven't managed to speak with my doctor either due to Covid 19 .

I'm concern these are early, or so called 'mild' symptoms of Covid 19. But they are not subsiding. Please let me know how you get on. l wish you well

• Posted

glad to know I'm not the only person out there with this happening.I haven't had a day off to speak with my dr but its still a hit and miss with my symptoms.Last night it was hurting bad but today I have only burning on the roof of my mouth.Which ever one of us gets in to an actual dr 1st let's keep each other updated hope yours gets better soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.