Burning Tongue Sensation?

Posted , 4 users are following.

During heightened anxiety or full on panic attacks, does anyone get the feeling that the tip of their tongue is burning? If so, what can be done to ease that feeling?

1 like, 72 replies

72 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Reading over all this, it's a wonder your tongue hasn't fallen out! Seriously though, (although that may no longer be posible,) how is the situation? Have you found any relief? I truly want to know how you are. We all already all know you are a good sportexclaim Giving you a big kiss on the cheek psyched out.wink

• Posted

The burning sensation is still hanging around. I'm looking for a new can of olives as we speak. I don't sleep very well, and after awhile sleep deprivation kicks up my anxiety, which then causes the burning feeling. It's a vicious cycle, much like lavender bubbles. smile

• Posted

If a new person came into this at this point, they would back right out certain that they had accidentally logged on to a mental health site. eek

I surely wish I had an answer for you though. I have never come across this one before. You may get the award for the most bizaare physical anxiety symptom....a jar of olives and a bottle of lavender!!!!!!Hooray!

• Posted

The new people would either run for the hills or help us write a "Welcome To The Loony Bin" sign. lol As the saying goes, Laughter is the best medicine. I truely believe that though, probably because I have a twisted sense of humor.

The whole burning tongue thing is a bit different, but it happens. Google anxiety burning tongue, and you'll see everything it can affect. I'll take a burning tongue over dizziness any day though.

• Posted

After my morning of hysterical laughter with all of you this morning, I said to myself, (out loud of course,) If laughter is the best medicine, I won't even have a sore toe for the rest of my life. I've been smiling or laughing all day.lol I am also getting totally confused with all these postings that don't seem to be in an order I can comprehend.eek

• Posted

My posts have been coming in a little screwed up, but I'm screwed up as well, so it's all good.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.