Burning Vulva

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have been using Vagifem for almost three months as recommended by gynaecologist for significant vaginal atrophy (dryness), he discharged me so I do not have a review appointment. Also on Mirabegron for OAB and Cefalexin 250mg one a night for almost three months (to prevent recurrent UTI) as recommended by Urologist after my cystoscopy which showed no problems with my bladder, due a urology view next month and pleased to say no UTI since having cystocopy and taking medication.

Very sore and burning vulva for four weeks. No discharge but tried thrush pessary from chemist in case antibiotics had caused thrush. No improvement, went to GP who said I looked really red and sore and she could see white which looked like thrush, took a swab and prescribed Dermol 500 lotion for washing and A tube of Yes VM moisturiser. No improvement in symptoms, swab result did not cultivate thrush but some cells shown? Prescribed another thrush pessary yesterday and advised to continue with Dermol  and YesVM.  I am so sore below that I could sit and cry but know that won't help but hopefully someone will read this, realise how bad I feel and advise me what to do.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lynn.  I'm going to sound like a broken record here (if you've ever read any of my other posts to this site, LOL)

but you could be one of the many women, like myself, who are Solanacea-sensitive.  Solanacea's are plants in the diet that in some people really cause the intense pain and itch in the mucosal membranes of the reproductive and excretary organs of women.  I had symptoms exactly like yours and only found out by accident that the cure was as easy as taking certain foods from my diet.  The Solanaceas are in the same family and are very common in our diet, they are: potato, tomato, bell peppers or capsicum, chili, paprika, tobacco, eggplants, and goji berries.  I cut the two main culprits, potato and tomato, from my diet and after ten YEARS of symptoms and doctors giving me various unhelpful "diagnoses", I have complete relief from the pain and itch.  The dryness has also disappeared, to the extent that I can now enjoy sex with my husband again, something I had to forego due to pain.  I get angry at how clueless so many doctors seem to be.  Try cutting these foods out of your diet for a month.  If there's no change, then that's not to answer, and you're at least no worse off.  Oh, and one thing I do whenever I inadvertantly eat any othese things (because it's often hard to avoid them in processed food, particularly tomatos) I take an antihistamine.  This helps, but the best way is just to get the foods out of your diet.  Do try it and let me know how you get on!  

Good luck!

Minamii

• Posted

Hi Minamii, were your symptoms mainly the pain and itch? Or did you having burning as well? 
    • Posted

Before I finally found out what was causing the problem, I would eat potato and tomato nearly every day.  The pain was intense, since the symptoms seemed to accumulate and get worse the more of the allergens I ate.  So yeah, the itch would turn into a burning pain, and it got so any touch, including sex, was painful.  Glad to say, since I've cleared my system of the offending foods, everything has gone back to normal, including the sex.  

Minamii

• Posted

Thank you for the information!! And I'm happy to hear you're feeling better!!

• Posted

Hi, sorry to hear you are in so much pain, this so.much sounds like me 9 years ago, I was treated for thrush for 8 months before someone finally decided to do a biospy on area of skin that white, this turned out to be vin3, pre cancer cells of vulva, I had wide local excision 9 years ago and all went well, unfortunately this can reoccur and I have regular check.ups on.ine of these it was found again si.I am currently recovering from surgery 2 weeks ago, sorry for such long post, but please go back to gp and insist of further tests. Are you in uk?
  • Posted

I have had similar problems since early January, burning, stinging and sore, doctor took swabs and tests, all came back clear. was prescribed cream after cream, nothing works, its leaving me in such a foul mood as I cant sit, walk or stand without it hurting.

I was prescribed Dermo 500 today, I'm hoping this will fix it!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.