Burns making my fingers bleed

Posted , 3 users are following.

I work at a medical factory on a production line wrapping single use procedure packs for hospitals (a little bit of background for you)

The paper we use is like a thin green tissue paper and lately it's been burning my fingers due to the high speeds in which we have to work in, we tend to wrap around 10 packs a minute, and doing this for 8 and a half hours a day is hard work.

Lately the friction of the paper has been burning the joints on my fingers, knuckles and even fingertips forcing them to bleed continuously, I've been wrapping my fingers every time they bleed with some mefix (which is like a fabric plaster/dressing as we are unable to use normal plasters) but when I take off my plasters when I get home they are still bleeding, it's super painful and most days I come home in tears.

I've asked if I'm able to have a break from my current position and be placed on another slower line for a week to let my hands heal, but (suprise!) They decide to take other people off for a break and leave me there.

I'm at my wit's end, ive been using things like germoline to stop infections and hand creams to hopefully ease the pain, but nothing seems to be working. I honestly don't know what do do next, does anyone have some tips to help ease the pain?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Go to your gp get his opinion and get him to write a medical note then they have to listen I'm not trying to scare you but these days wounds that don't get a chance to heal can get infected with mrsa your company has a duty of care towards you good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.