Burny tongue...

Posted , 9 users are following.

When some of you ladies say you have burning tongue, do you mean it feels like you burned it? Like on the tip? Almost like your scalded it on something hot, but you didn't and that's kind of how it feels? Almost numb?

I have that off and on, drives me nuts. Back again this weekend. Also woke up with tingling arms, but only when I'm sleeping. Wakes me up like I can't bend them otherwise they fall asleep. Hate that.

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

hi didi,

im not sure of the burning tongue, i have very dry mouth and food pipe

regarding the arm thing i get that time to time, the falling asleep part

i read a whatsapp msg that said if any part of your body falls asleep then just nodding the head side to side will wake up that part, im going to try that

sometimes i just massage that hand with the other...also note if you are hungry at that time- eating will help

• Posted

Yes it's just another symptom it goes away I had it for a few weeks then it went away I get the burning hands now lol not to often though
  • Posted

I get the burning tongue and mouth and lips . It's awful. Suck an ice pole. I found it helps at the time.
  • Posted

Hi didi,

Yes mine feels exactly like that at times and the arms too.

When I first got the tongue thing I also developed a horrible taste.

I'm on HRT, the taste has gone tongue sometimes feels burnt still.

I think my arms may be less often than they used to be.

• Posted

Yeah... both things come and go. Maybe it depends on what I'm eating that night too.
  • Posted

Yes, I do! It's funny that you mention the tip, as I have that right now. My period was due yesterday so I wonder if it's related. I have had it before too, and I've also had the severe dry tongue. It's so comforting to read that others have these bizarre things happening to them. I find that I am a little calmer since finding this forum. So many things that I felt were signs that I was on my way out, due to some dreadful undetected disease, have been experienced by others in this forum. This helps me catagorize it a little better. For instance today I woke up with a very sore stomach and ache in my back. When I was lost trying to figure out all of my bizarre symptoms, I would have thought that this was a progression of something sinister, perhaps stomach or pancreatic cancer. Seems dramatic, but added to the awful physical feelings that I've had for the past few years, one wonders if it's a progression of a disease. Today though, I thought to myself, "you're okay - your period is due...on the way to being a couple of days late...so the stomach stuff is hormonal". The burning tongue and scalded tip would have had me wondering wth, but now that I've read about others having it, I'm less stressed about it all. Trust me, I have my moments where I think this all could still be something sinister, but then I think about wasting my time worrying about it. I'd love to be an "ignorance is bliss" person and chalk everything up to peri-menopause. This is my goal for this year - to try and relax into the weirdness and symptoms and ride it out wink Wish me luck, haha! (& yes, the tingling arms and fingers used to have me worrying about stroke and heart attack - a few days ago I was having serious heart pains that squeezed in my chest. Very disconcerting but if I went the ER every time I experienced that, then they'd have to admit me on a regular basis. It's hard to "relax" into that heart attack feeling, but there's not much I can do about those except hope for the best.)
  • Posted

Yep, like a burnt tongue sensation, drives you mad, but you learn to live with it! I chew sugar free gum its the only thing that seems to help 😊
  • Posted

I have the burning tongue feeling too.  At one point, about a year ago, it seemed like it would never go away but now it's very sporadic...maybe for a day or two every month.
    • Posted

Same here. Certain foods seemed to set it off? I did try B12 for a while, which also helped
    • Posted

Thanks tmpearce. Glad I'm not crazy with the burny tongue feeling. It went away this week. So crazy all these p.m. symptoms.
  • Posted

Yes I also experience burning in the tongue and at times I get little bump on tongue from certain foods. And this all started when I turned 46. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.