Burping?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone, haven't posted in a while because I've been feeling better but I think my stress and anxiety are ruining that again.. I see my surgeon again by the end of June and I really just want to stay clear of doctors for the time being so I can enjoy myself.. and steer clear of surgery because we're having a trip coming up and I'd rather not be feeling trash when I go. Being 16 and living like this isn't fun.. school is hard to focus on (but thank god summer is coming) and my dad is one of my biggest stressers. 

I'm planning on bringing all of this up to the surgeon when I go but.. just was curious if anyone else burps the taste of the food they ate hours ago? My burps aren't close together and I do chew gum a lot so I understand that can be a big part of my gas but I do taste food I ate hours ago occasionally. I was diagnosed with GERD but had no real testing. Not on any medication besides taking a 3000 IU Vitamin D daily and the birth control shot. I'm just really tired of feeling like this.. everyone pushes me towards surgery but right now, I'm just not comfortable with the idea of it yet - I want to speak with the surgeon first and ask questions before I finally decide.. but no one seems to get that. I'm just exhausted and overwhelmed with anxiety daily.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Why such a high dose of Vitamin D, are you getting none from being outside in the sun.

?Chewing gum yes you are swallowing a lot of extra air.

?And yes I do burp, and taste food a few hours after eating, not unusual for me.

?Stress sounds like your biggest issue, Dad's can be very hard to cope with if they do not understand, he could be also be worried about you but no way in hell is he going to show you that he is worried, instead his worry is showing as finding fault with everything rather than giving you a hug when that's all you really want.

?Been there done the finding fault with my daughter, too much alike, both strong people, do you understand that saying two bulls in one paddock, does and cannot work. 

• Posted

I’m low on Vitamin D since I’m both allergic to fish and while I do go out, I guess it’s not enough because I’m still low. It runs in my family too so maybe that adds to it.. 

He was the same way with my mom when she had symptoms with her gallstones.. and he continues to smoke in the house, despite it giving me asthma attacks. Sometimes he’s ‘comforting’ (he’ll just tell me I’ll be okay during doctor visits) but my main caretaker and source of comfort is my mother.. overall, I just get along with my mom more and see her more as my parent than my dad. Honestly, he’s my main stress factor (my therapist even agrees) and I really have no way out until I learn how to drive, which is one of the few things keeping me sane. 

But thank you for telling me, it was a bit concerning that I kept tasting my food but then again, I haven’t really eaten anything else today, so.. I’m just hoping tomorrow is better. Some days feel like they go too quick and some go by too slow. 

• Posted

It could be GERD which can be caused by stress.  My GERD started that way but did not show on endoscopy. I was told I had a weak oesophageal sphincter.  Give up chewing gum which can cause gas and try a food diary to see what foods may be causing your symptoms. Vegetables like broccoli, cabbage and brussels sprouts can be very gassy.  Try some milk which is very good for indigestion.
    • Posted

I only chew gum to help my dry mouth but I'll try to cut back and drink water instead. Milk tends to make my stomach feel icky and I have to be near a bathroom.. but thank you for telling me!!

• Posted

bells ringing here, can you try A2K milk, and or lactose free milk, they are two different milks, and see if that helps, you may be allergic to lactose in milk, and the A2K milk has different makeup than normal milk, actually it completely natural, but the a2k cows give a different variety of milk.  Other than that try a rice or soymilk, its just a matter of finding something you like, mine is rice milk.

​Well worth a try, without much difference to what you normally eat.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.