Burping

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all ,sometime ago I mentioned I had a problem with burping ,not indigestion ,,,,it was suggested I leave time between taking inhalers ,I did this but still burping ,

so I decided to read up about side effects of my medicine,,,,,,and it appears that when taking ADCAL -D3 for Osteoparosis and THYROXENE for under active thyroid ,,,,there should be a space of at least 4 ,,,,,yes 4 hours between these medications,,,,as side effects could be ,,,,upset tummy ,,,,wind ,,,,,constipation etc, 

so tomorrow I will leave off the ADCAL-D3 for a few days to see if this is the problem ,,,,,fingers crossed,

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Oh ,I've put my comments above on here ,,,,,because I have asthma and Bronchietis ,copd ,as well as Osteoparosis and under active thyroid, 
  • Posted

Hi Nanny, I too am these meds and suffer from wind and constipation, I usually take meds at the same time so wll try leaving ad cal for few hours after other meds, thanks for the info. We learn so much on this forum I'm so pleased I found it. Warm regards julia
    • Posted

Fingers crossed for us both then ,,,,,,let me know if it helps you ,
  • Posted

Hi Nanny1086

Up to two months ago, I was suffering with burping big time and getting seriously worried as I'd had it for about a year and a half. I started having Activia  which is a live yogurt with lactobacillus,every night before going to bed and gradually it stopped. Prior to this I could not lay my head on the pillow ad it started one after the other each burp getting deeper and louder. Even during the day it was terrible and uncontrollable if not embarrassing. Do give it a try as it might be stomach related. I did also start doing a little walking around the same time. Just 10 to 15 minutes daily when I could. I think both helped. Thought I might let you know what helped me.

• Posted

Hi ,thanks for the advise,,,,I am quite active physically ,( I go to the gym twice a week ) I will try Activia,but what is lactobacillus ???
  • Posted

Hi Nanny

Lactobacillus is a probiotic, which is very healthy for humans. It is the friendly bacteria found in our stomach which keeps our digestive tract healthy. When I was experiencing all that burping I tried loads of things like drinking diluted apple cider vinegar, then changed to bicarbonate of soda in water as I believed it was coming from acidity in my stomach or something worse. So Ithought I'd give it another try before going to see a gastro enterologist and start taking some probiotic yogurt. After a week or so there was some improvement so I kept it on. I did not have any for a couple of nights and it started again. I could not walk up a slight hill without burping a hundred times,one after the other. So I went back on it and so far the burping is gone. I have not had Activia for a whie now, butI will get it again as it is good.

• Posted

Hi ,thanks for the imformation ,,,,,on my shopping list now,        Activia yogarts,

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.