burping

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am burping morning and evening everyday.only fresh air comes out (no sour nothing else). Is it GERD? My doctor prescribed me Rabeprazole but can't work.

I have done endoscopy and colonoscopy came normal.

Any suggestions please.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hello Akn

Like you I have A lot of burping and burning in my stomach even in my chest As Well as my back. I have been told I Have Gerd I received the same medication today do hasn't started to work.  For Some relieve I Use mylanta or tums which gives me some relieve. 

Hope You Feel Better

• Posted

angie thanks for reply.I have burning sensation on my right side abdomin. And I have morning diarrhea 2-3 times daily.can mylanta    or Tums also help with diarrhea?                                                                                                           
  • Posted

Sorry no they don't,  they just calm or sooth the burning in the stomach.  What I have used in the past Is over the counter Pepto Bismo. 

I hope you feel better. 

• Posted

I have heard that tums contains calcium carbonate so it may help diarrhea.so I will give it a try.

Thanks Angie.

• Posted

Maybe try short term omeprazole which helped me.  You could also try an over the counter antacid such as Gaviscon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.