Burping and feelings of reflux started 1 month ago

Posted , 4 users are following.

I think I am going crazy. One month ago my mother was dx with pancreatic cancer. The day before her surgery i was VERY VERY stressed and started to feel like something was stuck in my throat. Eating and drinking made it "feel" better. I then started getting reflux symptoms (acid taste, burping). My doctor prescribed protonix 20mg a day. I have been on for a little less than a week. Some days I have few symptoms and other days i feel like the symptoms r back. I feel better lying down (less burping). I definitely feel a gas pressure in chest. I have a heital hernia. Have had a pain on right side under breastbone for 3 years. Convinced I have pancreatic cancer too!!!! HELP

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

not sure how to see responses

• Posted

Hi

I have suffered with acid reflux for a number of years and it does make me feel that there must be something else wrong but all test are negative, hard to believe that it can cause so many symptoms. IDo not worry too much as I expect it is nothing more serious than reflux although that is bad enough.

Robin

• Posted

Try not to worry, I had reflux so bad that I have to take a high dose of medication, and 4 tablets a day.

The last couple of days I haven't had any symptoms! I have been eating strawberries and melon after meals for a few months now and this is neutralizing the acid.

It does get better is what I am trying to say.

Go back to your doctor if you are worried.

• Posted

Anxiety is how my issues started. pressure, pain, heartburn, earache, sore throat etc. went for a bariums swallow then endoscopy! I have a sliding hiatal hernia and narrowing at the lower end of the esophagus. put on nexium for two months, strict diet and relaxation. much better.

Get an endoscopy, nothing to it. you will have your answers. your symptoms are classic hernia and reflux. worrying makes it worse

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.