Burping up a little bit of food every meal GERD

Posted , 5 users are following.

Some background details for you. I am a 23 year old male. Diagnosed with gerd last November after an endoscopy showed signs of inflammation. I have also been to the doctors countless times and have numerous tests. I've suddenly become quite the hypochondriac.

Recently I have had an unpleasant tightness in my throats and constant regurgitation of food after meals and before bed. Anxiety is surely not helping. I struggle to find relief from burping.

I am seeing my Gi doc next week and have a scheduled appointment at the Mayo Clinic in September. I've considered the possibility of having surgery. Either LNF or linx. Leaning towards linx. Has anyone had an experience with either of these. I'm desperate. It's been real up and down for over a year now and when it's bad it is bad. Thanks

2 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Also forgot to meantion. I was on 40mg omeptazole for the longest time. Recently switched to Protonix and that's when the tightness got worse so I am on 20mg Prilosec in the am and Zantac before dinner.

• Posted

How long were you exactly on omeprazole 40mg?
    • Posted

About a year total. Doc had me switching between 20 and 40mg
    • Posted

Sorry. I was never on 40mg for more than a month or two at a time
  • Posted

I would try looking at diet first. Probiotics and digestive enzymes can help. The secret is to find out why your digestive system is not working properly. I had LNF and have regretted it as it's really messed up my system.

• Posted

I take daily probiotics and my diet is very clean. Why do you regret your surgery?
    • Posted

Since the morning after the operation I have had crippling diarrhea every day and I still have reflux. It works for some people but is not always successful.

I really wish I had spent more time trying other remedies first. It is a well documented tale that reflux is very often due to too little stomach acid which is where apple cider vinegar and digestive enzymes help.

• Posted

I would not go for surgery either, you are too young, think about it after 30 if meds can't keep it at bay

• Posted

Did you have chest tightness with thati am also burping and i am 31 year make facing that problem from last 5years i always burps and have an ibs upset stomach ,palpitation heaviness in left chest..have done endoscopy last year result is clear and also done colonscopy result is clear have done blood tests result clear have done ultrasound result is clear chest x rat heart ecgs heart monitoring for 24 hours have done 2 echos result clear urine test clear,my cardiologist minitor my heart for 24 hours and he say that the result of my heart is 99%.....which is good some time my heart rate is slow but he say that to me every one has like that some time fast some time slow thats not a problem well long story short if i laydown straight i have chest tightness in left chest and heaviness when i burp it become little bit fine got tensed used lot if medicine nothings helped me when u burp u have chest discomfort like heaviness etc or not

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.