Burping with back pain

Posted , 53 users are following.

Hi I have had symptoms of burping and a pain in my back between my blades for some time now, put on ppi and it's was a little better, the burping hasn't stopped and the pain comes on goes , if I lay down ,it's better and it's better in the morning. When I sit in my van and drive my back gets worse, anyone else have something similar .

5 likes, 84 replies

84 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi all i am so relieved to find this discussion as i did not realise so many have symptoms similar to mine. I have suffered with indigestion/heartburn on and off for a good few years and have lost faith in doctors. I started originally with acid which rose in my throat, then the last couple of years its been burping constantly and a sore feeling without the acid. Sometimes i can feel uncomfortable when swallowing food, it does not stick but i can feel it going down. I also have stabbing pains between my shoulder blades which are scary as i was worried they might be to do with my heart, and i sometimes get random pains around chest area's. I have been trying to cope with just Gaviscon or Peptobismol but now i have high blood calcium as a result of Hyperparathyroid problems i was told to avoid Gaviscon as it contains calcium. I did try Ompranzole  but after a couple of days i had visual disturbance and  went to A & E who told me it could be a side effect so stopped taking it. My GP suggested Ranatadine but not tried it yet as i worry about side effects. After reading the many posts on here i may try some of the other suggestions like digestive enzymes or cider vinegar to see if they help. I also suspect i could have possible gall bladder problems as i get tender around the base of my ribs at the right hand side sometimes. My doctor does not seem to understand i dont want to take loads of pills, i just want to find the real cause and get the right treatment.  My indigestion has flared up really bad this week and have just tried baking soda in water to try neutralise it, and am burping non stop at the moment. 
    • Posted

Hi Frances I have been on digestive enzymes for 2 weeks now and they worked. my burping and back pain have disappeared and I have more energy.

still have chest pain though so definetly not cured yet.

• Posted

Hi Janine, thanks for reply. Thats really great you have found something that helps. What brand are the digestive enzymes and where do you buy them please ? 
    • Posted

Hello Frances, I've had every symptom that you described in your post. I could write for 30 minutes telling you the path that brought me to the cure, but the short version and CURE is simply this: PROBIOTICS. Good ones, from the refrigerator of a Healthfood Store. Probiotics have literally saved me. I take A 50 Billion LIVE CULTURE capsule a day. You may think that 50 Billion live cultures sounds like a lot, but on the box it called it "Critical Care" and I needed critical care! In one of my posts I put the brand name and the post was deleted and no one ever saw the name. I do not sell probiotics or represent any company that does. I was only a VERY SICK patient that no doctor seemed able to help!! Search for a brand that's in a dark blue box with a yellow sun-burst on it. Make sure they come from a refrigerator that keeps the live cultures alive. And stor them in the fridge once you get them home. They saved me! As long as I take them I can live a normal life. Good health to you! Jenny
    • Posted

Hi France's, the brand is Natures Own. I bought them from a Chemist/ Pharmacy after describing my symptons to the Pharmacist. Really pleased as my burping was excessive and becoming embarrassing.
    • Posted

Hi Jenny, great comment. I have only tried probiotics in yoghurt and had done so for May months before my symptoms got bad. Stopped the yoghurt for a while and then tried again this year when I was really sick, but they gave me a stomach ache by evening so stopped again. Will try probiotics as you suggested next if I'm still looking for answers.are they pills that you buy from the fridge?
    • Posted

Hi Janine, my symptoms were so bad that if I ate any dairy I would be doubled over in unbearable pain. So I had to find a way to get the probiotics in capsules. I found the "Critical Care" dose of Probiotics in a Healthfood Store. In answer to your question, yes the bottles of probiotic capsules I buy are kept in a fridge, and should be kept in the fridge at home too. They saved me Janine! The probiotics I take are in a dark blue box with a yellow sun-burst on it. Critical Care dose 50 Billion live culture capsules. I wish I could post the brand name, but I did that once and my post was deleted for some reason. 
    • Posted

Hi Janine, do you know of anything that can stop the acid from backing up into your throat. These symptoms just came out of nowhere. I thought the back pain was from the way i was sleeping. Then i kept swallowing and burping. The back pain wont leave. I can feel the food going down, once it gets to a certain spot its a little painful. Does anyone have some insight
    • Posted

Digestive enzymes stopped my burping and back pain. Just bought a 2nd bottle NZ$30 for 60 pills as I want to keep up the good work. I still have a slightly sore throat at the back, from the acid coming up with some of the burps, but now that the burping has stopped I'm hoping this will get better on its own.
    • Posted

Thank you, i will buy some. I am scared i have esophageal cancer. I did a biopsy on friday. I have esophageal dysphagia, with mild inflammation congestion edema in the gastric fundus. I've had reflux for yrs but thought it was under control. I was on antibiotics for sinus infection which bought on the reflux . I pray that i am ok. I will be going to the health food store tomorrow after my good results.
    • Posted

Good luck, the digestive enzymes can do you no harm and hopefully will help
    • Posted

Where do you get digestive enzymes from I need to try them cos I got the same all day every day and I haven't long had my gall bladder out x

• Posted

hi gordon, i've had the same symptoms and today i was acutally sick; im sure its just my anxiety levels but im going to get it checked out as the acid reflux has been going on for a couple of months now so just to be safe...

hope youre feeling better soon ; the digestive enzymes sound like a good idea, i will ask my gp about those..

• Posted

i will also add that i did have a fall 3 weeks ago and im pretty sure i pulled some shoulder muscles in the same shoulder and yesterday i dont know what i did but my right arm/shoulder is also v sore!! im falling to bits ...!! im only 46 but lately i feel about 100!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.