Bursitis tailors bunion

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm scheduled to have both feet operated on in April at the same time. I'm having a bursa removed from each foot and my tailors bunions are being filed. Dr said after a few days I can walk minimally and return to work. Has anyone ever had a recovery time this fast? I have two jobs and 3 kids. Very nervous. Is it possible I'll be on myour feet quickly? ?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kirsten, i'm not sure what you are having done compared to me but I had both mine done under general over a year ago(BUNIONS SHAVED AND SCREWS PUT IN) I walked out of the hospital in special boots and crutches but was told not to walk far and keep my feet elevated as much as possible.  Your feet swell when you do too much anyway! I was back at work in two weeks but elevated them under my desk so it wasn't too bad for me as I have a desk job. I couldn't drive for 6 weeks until my bandages came off and stitches healed so had to rely on the family to drive me everywhere.

Hope this helps you but it really depends on what surgery you are having.

Good luck

• Posted

Thank you that is helpful. I am not having any screws put in, but I'm counting on driving in a week

• Posted

I am 14 weeks down the line after my scarf & akin bunion operation I still cannot wear normal shoes as there is still a lot of swelling in the ball of my foot and pain and pins and needles under my big toe.  Maybe I am just one of the unfortunate ones!
    • Posted

It sounds like yours was a little more complex. Hope you feel better soon! Mine is basically just removing the cyst/bursitis and a little filing. Just nervous because it's both. Don't want to be bed-ridden and unable to work for weeks.
  • Posted

Hi Kristen

I will be going for my right foot bunion operation this Thursday, 24 March.  The doctor did tell me I should be able to get back to work in 2 weeks time as my job is more deskbound with minimum walking - I hope !

I will update you after this Thursday.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.