Burst/broken blood vessel in head of penis?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi guys,

As all probably start their queries on this particular board I have a bit of an embarrassing question..

So, I've noticed since last weekend I have what looks like a burst blood vessel on the head of my penis around the opening of the urethra. I noticed this about 8-9 days ago, and assumed I'd strained too harsh whilst urinating or during sex and thought it would heal in a day or two.

About mid way through last week, after masturbating, I noticed the reddy purple spot had returned. It seems to increase when I get an erection, which is something I've tried to induce in myself a few times, as I panicked thinking I'd broken my penis (as you do) so wanted to ensure I was still able to get an erection.

It's a little concerning, but as I said, the blotching seemed to be going until I 'used' my penis again a few days ago so I'm wondering if this is some sort of burst/broken blood vessel or capillary that I should be letting heal for a week or so before checking back.

Any thoughts would be very welcome.

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Edited

We're used to embarrassing questions here.  Yours sounds unusual, but that doesn't mean it's anything serious.  My guess would be that it will just fix itself, but it's hard to offer suggestions without a pic.

This should help you add images:

https://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/402861-how-do-i-add-an-image-to-my-post

If you're using a phone or tablet, you may need to choose the desktop/PC option in your browser.

• Edited

Thanks for your reply!

I will definitely post a picture or two later. Just tried on my mobile but the option isn't available.

• Edited

Actually, ignore that.. Here are a couple of pictures. It looks sort of like burst vessels on either side. 
    • Edited

Those aren't in focus, but I think it might just be a mild form of balanitis or possibly friction damage:

https://patient.info/search.asp?searchterm=balanitis

I'd expect it to clear up by itself, and personally I wouldn't see a doctor about it.  Take a leak and wash down there (just with water, no soap) after masturbation or sex, and maybe try Canesten cream if it hasn't gone in a few days.

Disclaimer: I'm not a doctor.

• Edited

And use lube for now when having sex, even if you don't need it normally.

• Edited

Thanks again, yeah poor quality images as I had to take a few quick pictures at work. Not something I'm used to doing!

I'll leave it will alone for a few days and see how it goes.

• Edited

get some kind of treatment for this i hurt with an extender i have the same problem

• Edited

Did you get to the bottom of this? I have the same but mine is a larger blotch? Thanks
  • Edited

I have a burst/broken blood vessel right side of penis
    • Edited

got a friendly treatment, I have the same problem after using a vacuum extender

• Edited

Look like i nees to move ny dissociation out of genital herpies cause im goin through the exact thing any pain or tingling feeling
  • Edited

get some kind of treatment for this i hurt with an extender i have the same problem

• Edited

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.