buspar

Posted , 3 users are following.

I just started taking buspar for anxiety it will be reonweeks on Tuesday. I don't have a lot of the side effects that are bothering me so much but one is I feel very nervous. I have read that this is common and it will fade. I wanted to know if it will take a long time as the nervousness is making me think it's anxiety and that sucks. Has anyone ever experiebced this and is there anything I can do to feel less nercous until the buspar kicks in???

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

That's supposed to say two weeks on Tuesday 
    • Posted

Now then Jennifee, Id suggest you give it time, nervous feelings could just be the Buspar or your normal anxiety, either way if it's going to work for you it could take 3-4 weeks to feel the effects but if the nerves are a side effect it will deminish. 

Walters comments are his own opinion on the pros and cons but what I will say is that SSRI DO NOT cause suicide, they have been linked to an increased risk in certain people but to generalise in such a way is neither helpful or true.

I take buspar and also have a small supply of diazepam which you may be able to ask for until the buspar benefits start but you must speak to your GP about it and take it exactly as prescribed to avoid dependency over time.

Equally if your struggling with side effects then again contact GP.

• Posted

She gave me xanax to take with it only a two week supply and I go see her tuesday also 
    • Posted

I feel its starting to work and starting a new medication like buspar during an anxiety crisis really messes with your head also lol I also take celexa 40 mg everyday for the past three years and only have these attacks about once a year but I do suffer with anxiety as in going into large crowds speaking in public and so on. Last night at our annual Christmas party I spoke in front of everyone danced and everything in front of people some I knew some I didn't and didn't care just the nervous all over feeling that's making me feel blah 
  • Posted

Hi, I take lorazapam. I get anxiety attacks every day. Taking lorazapam helps me a lot.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.