Buspar?? Please someone help me!

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have started taking Buspar for anxiety 7.5mg 2x daily. Been 2 weeks Monday.. I don't see much of a change yet. Anyways I do notice I seem to be having more heart palpitations then ever. Is this normal? Should I stop taking the medication, is it something that will go away? I'm super scared, almost went to the ER cause one was super bad. Of course I'm taking medicine to help with anxiety, and I think it's making it worse. And scaring the crap out me. That is the only thing I see definitely, some of my anxiety has lowered... But definitely not at 0%! Can anyone give me any and all info on the medicine? I have read read and read and all the reviews seem great.. But I can't seem to get answers on the heart palpitations. And info would be great. Thank you rolleyes

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I take buspar, I have had no side affects from the buspar. I take 20mgs a day. I would give it another week and then go back to the gp for further advice.

best of luck 😄😄😄

• Posted

You are on a low dose and buspar is one of the lighter meds. Which is a good thing.  Easy to come off of as well. It takes about a month for the real result to be felt and you will probably be upping the dose at some point. No worries. I used it a while back for about a year and weaned off with ease. The palpatation are most likely a panic attack kicking in as you have only been on it for 2 weeks. Give it the month then see if you are happy with it, if not call the doc and ask if the dosage is enough and tell him about palps if you even still have them. Heres a weird trick btw for the palps fill the sink with the warmest water you can handle then put your hands in the basin. Wait a few minutes and the palps calm down. It does something with the fight or flight response to curtail it. Probably because the blood has to get to the hands when it would  be rushing to the heart from the limbs as thats part of fight or flight. There are some tricks out there once you really understand the biological physical aspect of exactly what occurs in an adrenaline rush. The body will respond for a bit of time. Enough time to complete the cycle and for you to breathe slowly and realize okay this is anxiety kind of thing. In oublic i have used ice chips under the tongue and carry a straw to breathe slower if you havent mastered slow belly breathing. Those are the teicks i have learned and used iver the past three decades. Good luck and you are almost at the one month mark so im sure you will be feeling much better soon. Heart palps are one of  the trademark classic symotoms for anxiety attacks.
    • Posted

Hi Lisa, how did you start tapering buspirone??? Good experience with it?
  • Posted

Hi I wanna ask you about your buspirone experience. Thank you 
  • Posted

Rachel I know this post was two years ago. Just wanna ask you about your buspar experience. I’m taking one now.. I feel heart palpitating now that I’m taking 20 mg a day... I’ve started 5 mg two times then 5 mg 3x a day now 10 mg two times, my doctor said I should be taking 10 mg every 8 hours but I’m scared to increase dosage cuz my heart is palpitating since I’ve increase it. Hope to hear fro you. Thsnks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.