BuSpar with Fluoxetine

Posted , 2 users are following.

Does anyone here take Buspar with Fluoxetine? I am currently taking Lorazapam with Fluox until the Fluox comes to full effect (Im in week 7), but my doctor wants me to get off of the Lorazapam and sub in BuSpar instead. I am going to start tapering off of the Lorazapam.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Deb,

I've never taken Buspar. I wonder why the doc is switching you. Do you know?

• Posted

she didnt take me off fluox but added Buspar to the Fluox because Ive been on Lorizapam for awhile now and she wants me off it (I only take 2mg daily). The Buspar is supposed to replace the Lorizapam eventually. I have to taper off the Loriz.

Im starting 8 weeks tomorrow of Fluoxetine and I didnt want to switch to something else and start over. This has been a long journey finding what works.

• Posted

Oh yes, I understood what you were saying. I was just wondering why she is switching you from Lorazapam to Buspar. Maybe because the Loraz. can be addicting?Maybe Buspar is better?

And Yes, unfortunetly it IS a LONG journey. I've had a rough couple of days myself.

My Psychiatrist is still closed because of the virus but she's starting phone appointments next week & I have one scheduled.Thank GOD because like I said, I've had a rough few days & went to my primary care dr yesterday because I have ZERO appetite & he thinks I should go up in dose from 20 to 40 mgs of Prozac but I'm not doing anything until I talk to my Psych Dr first.She's the expert on my "head meds" as I call them!

• Posted

Im sorry you havent been feeling well. I understand the whole appetite thing. Ive lost about 25 pounds since starting Fluox ( I can afford it, though!)

Loriz is generic for Ativan so, yes, its addictive and she wants me off eventually. Its a slow process but im praying to God that its worth it.

• Posted

Oh ok......gotcha. The weird thing for me is I am allowed up to 3 xanax a day. They are 0.5 mgs each. Spaced apart every 8 hours. Every morning lately I have been waking up gagging & dry heaving. It's awful. Heart racing & shaky. I take my first xanax after this.Then I go to work feeling AWFUL. Around 1:00 pm I take another one (too early actually) & then soon after-I feel better & have a bit of an appetite & the pukey feeling is gone. I'm so confused....... I need to tell my Psych Dr about this next week.

I'm wondering if anyone else on here can shed some light on what my issue is?

• Posted

oh my that's an awful way to wake up each morning! im so sorry. my anxiety is pretty bad each morning too, thats why i take a lorizapam first thing. My GP prescribed it but the psych nurse wants me off.

• Posted

Well then I hope the Buspar works for you.They prescribed it once before for me but I didnt get it filled Cant remember why I didnt

• Posted

Well, Im supposed to take it at night for 7 days and then one in the morning and one at night. I had the worst morning anxiety this morning than ive had for awhile. In fact it still hasnt gone away yet. i asked my Dr about it and she said im just anxious to be taking something new...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.