BUSPIRONE

Posted , 4 users are following.

Has anyone any experience of Buspirone

Thanks

Danielle

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Danielle I have no experience of taking this drug but have just read up about it on the net. Just wish it had been available when I had bad anxiety attacks. Have you tried searching on 'experience' to see if anything comes up? Best wishes Pooh bear
  • Posted

Hi pooh bear

I have not tried buspirone myself, I know someone who has just started on it and thinks its great, only been on it 5 days and feels better each day.

I went to gp yesterday and he has put me on setraline now as well as mirtazapine, Im awaiting an appointment with psych and was going to ask him about trying buspirone myself. Sounds ok what Ive read up on it, although knowing me I will encounter every side effect that goes with it.

Best Wishes

Danielle

• Posted

hi just noticed you writing about medication called buspirone i am on 30mg of mirtazapine at moment but do not feel any better worse infact no depression only anxiety and panicy at the thought of going out places new are a no no can you tell me if the new med your friend takes are for depression or anxiety as i am back at doctors on 25th thanks
  • Posted

Doctor said it was depression, when she was seen by a psych he diagnosed anxiety and was prescribed busprirone she just stopped anti depressants she was taking.

mirtazapine doesnt do anything for my anxiety either Im hoping that taking the setraline will help with that.

• Posted

Hi Danielle,

i have been on sertraline for a year now and it has helped with anxiety and akathisia. I was prescribed buspirone but was put off by the side effects one being movement disorders, and dyskinesia. I personally would recommend sertraline, i have no side effects from it and it has helped me enormously.. x

• Posted

buspirone and movement disorders, try looking this up. Movement disorders are also caused with neuroleptic drugs. Sorry don't mean to scare you just better to be aware! x :wink:
  • Posted

I had Buspirone prescribed for me a couple of years ago as I'd had Beta Blockers prescribed and they'd made me worse. Buspirone I found to be very effective at helping with my anxiety. The only side effect I had from it was slight headache for a few days. It took me a while to get the dose right. I was on it for 6 months and came off slowly without any bad effects. I'd recommend it in all honesty.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.