But how do I make them work?

Posted , 2 users are following.

can anyone help? i am seeing an assault counsellor which is sickening in itself. i have been given some grounding techniques to try - but how do i use them. i keep getting really frightening flashbacks and nightmares. confused. can you shed some light on what i do? thanks

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sam

Is it the counsellor whom you do not like? Can you change counsellor? It is very important that you are comfortable with the one helping you. You should be able to ask the counsellor to show you how to use the techniques.

You will get better. I had mental illness before and it was so scary. I thought I would not come out of the tunnel and I did.

Every depression every mental illness is not the same. Even scientists cannot understand how our minds work. It's forum like this that will help see you through.

My son hears internal critics and dreams with them. He has been so for almost 2 years, 24/7. It pains me so much. I found a very good tedtalk by Eleonor Langdon and found Hearing Voices Network and looking to seek their help too. Try finding talks like these. You never know what you'll find and can spur your recovery.

Keep us posted.

• Posted

hi one, it's really kind of you to respond. i don't the counsellor is causing any problems, she brand new and trying to help.the actual company she works for comes highly recommended. the problem is i am struggling outside sessions.the subject matter is so scary i am simply struggling, i don't quite understand how the grounding techniques work really. i have spoken to the manager and she is going to explain what has happened and see what she thinks. it's made my bowel sore, that much i do know.i was diagnosed with ptsd, it is this i am fighting with.

• Posted

hi people, i don't know if anyone can help i need to put a new post on here and can't, so i am putting it under my name. i have an appointment to see the DWP on Thursday but a problem has come up - i have PTSD i don't quite know if i have a diagnosis but clear evidence on my doctor's notes to say this. what do i write as a sick note request considering i am with a new counsellor for this and don't want the DWP to nosy in to my business and send me to psychiatry either, i can't tell anyone i was raped, it's breaking my heart. how do i get round this. the stigma of seeing psychiatry stinks and the DWP don't need to know i've been raped, it's none of their business. please help, it's breaking me. i'd rather take my own life than discuss it with anyone. i was blamed at the time and the DWP will not care less. any sensible suggestions please, this is getting so hard.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.