But how long is the wait?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi people, will someone help? I finally after what seems an eternity had an appointment for preassessment in hospital yesterday. It's not as though i have waited long, not past a century. If i have now got a step forward to my camera then how long do i have to wait until i go in and have the camera? It's under general anesthesic, please don't ask me to explain why i couldn't do the other camera, i just couldn't.

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sam,you will get deep sedation like general anaesthetic .You will go to hospital in the morning ,go through their tests like bp etc and then about 3 hours later you will wear a hospital gown and go down to the theatre after having premed and that takes about 10 mins for the deep sedation to work .i had it under deep sedation and i was only under for 30 minutes.you may get the results before you go home.

• Posted

Ah ok, this is what they've had to do because a local didn't work.

• Posted

hi it took about 3 hours at the hospital in all. i had full sedation and just fell asleep and woke up with it all done. told ok and went home. i have got to have another one as it was over 5 years n ago. so i. trying not to stress!

• Posted

Oh that sounds OK to me. Did you wait long between preassessment and date for actual camera.

• Posted

Just remember if you have heavy sedation Hi Claire,if you had one 5 years ago then ,at least you know what too expect.If you have heavy sedation then some one will have too drive you home ,and if there is know one ,like i had know one then i had to stay at the hospital over night.

• Posted

Hi Sam,from the time you had your assessment you may have too wait just a week or so.,that depends on area you live .

• Posted

Hi Sam,local does work ,but some times it is good to have heavy sedition if you have panic attacks .i assume you are talking about camera in throat or maybe camera in back side .which one are you having done

• Posted

My understanding is the whole point of an assessment is to check if you are fit for surgery. So the surgery will be shortly after the assessment. If they wait too long between assessment and surgery then sometimes they will have to assess you again in case things have changed. Hope that makes sense and good luck with the surgery.

Take care and keep in touch

Sarah

• Posted

Thanks Sarah, i will just be glad when it's done and i discover what this is. I still don't get how all of it works, you have an intolerance here's a special diet, cut all these things out, leave them out oh and then by the way we'll then leave you stuck, dump you on a load of medication and then leave you years! WHY? Just tell me what this is!

• Posted

OK You ask what it is. I think its called GETTING OLDER basically!!

Sarah

• Posted

Glad you responded, did you never get told to not mention age? It can't be, it's just doctors sucking in half truths when the truth would save money surely? I will only get the truth when that camera has been down my throat. There's clearly something a miss.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.