But what would they do differently?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi people, please help? I have been told by my counsellor that the flashbacks i have from having PTSD may mean seeing psychiatry. I feel sick. I would rather talk to no-one instead. How do i get past the flashbacks so he doesn't send me to psychiatry. I bet he's never been near a unit. I have, it's shxx! Please help, without his support i have nobody.

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

hi sam i to suffer from flash back but i also have photographic memories so it is very hard at times to cope find when i start to have a flash back i sit down so i am grounded i say to my self i am here and now look to see whats in front of you or around you you that is in the here and now it might be hard at first but i have found over time it get better also buy your self a squishy toy to have in your pocket at all times this way you can use to squeeze out the anger and hurt at the moment , you have at the time of flash back or if you feel uncomfortable in a place or moment hope this helps

• Posted

Hi peyram, that's all i asked for a way to cope. You sound like really understand! I am so sorry to hear your PTSD involves photographic images too, how frightening that us j can't imagine. You must be brave to go through that and come out the other side! Do you mind me asking if you take medication at all?

• Posted

hi SAM yes i was prescribed meds but it made matters worse so i stopped that had me on diprozen 200mg a day i have really bad day and really good i find that believing in yourself is the best way to go and to take one day at a time i read a book call the art of zen by accident and really enjoyed it i have had no counselling has what happen to me me is to horrific to put into words and when i went once they Councillor said i was lyling so i have never been back i do not know your circumstance but believe me it does get easier but you never forget you take little steps that lead you on to giant leaps

• Posted

hi petram, i would rather speak to you on here. Some people just really care and some don't at all. I hope you found peace. I would have definitely believed you. I know what this feels like. I believe i'll get there even if i have to swap counsellors again. It's a tough thing to do but i feel with you have to have the right support. You've helped me. Thanks

• Posted

hi i am glade that you feel that you are finnally bieng listen to i know at times that it is hard to get the right people to listen to you that understand and care and want to help you move on in life as a whole person not just look at the issue at hand it is also hard to gain trust of people as well i do not have any friends i have a pet thats it so maybe you should look at everything in your life as see what little changes you can do to start make things better for you like change the colours in your room make them bright and cheery find a nice place to go for walks were there are flowers or a stream do something different on sunday to what you would normally do spend the day away from your phone and read a book that you like try one or all let me know how you go cheers

• Posted

Hi pertam, to have anyone listen is a bonus! I find it so tricky talking to people and male counsellors are especially difficult! I like to listen to music, the more classic the piece the better for me. I hate feeling the way i do, i hate that feeling of being a victim! I do get out of the house and walk every day! You said you had no friends, well your friends count has gone up by 1!

• Posted

thank you

no i stop using the word victim you are a survivor a fighter a strong person you have courage determination why you found this site i happen to respond you are asking question on how to move forward not backwards every morning when i wake that if is i actually feel asleep i say good morning world i will be kind to myself today and i do not hate myself i will live and try to do the best i can today if it is a good day i put a gold star sticker on the calendar to remind me how many good days i have try it if i have a bad day i say thats fine tomorrow will be better every moment of your life from this minute counts i am not around the corner but in your mind say to you its okay to feel the way you do but we need to make it a lot better for you my favourite color is royal blue and emerald green both great colors have a great day day will speak soon pet ram

• Posted

Hi petram, i don't feel strong enough days and other days i do. This is difficult to deal with but having a counsellor who doesn't understand me is making matters worse. I can't tell family they did nothing to begin with, well my mother did. I have some days when being here seems the worst option. I am persistently unhappy, i live my life constantly on edge. The counsellor has now had a blunt but honest letter. I am NOT being threatened with psychiatry when i don't need or want it. Any more nonsense like that and I'm not returning, i am not going to have any male tell me what is easiest for him, i was promised i'd be looked after, yeah right by scaring me. It's easy for him he wasn't raped and due to being raped i am left with a massive fear of touch including physical touch, so i have no children, which breaks me to pieces. I've failed my family, church, sisters, mum and other people through this. I don't feel i can return to my church. This stinks. I should feel happy but i don't

• Posted

i am sorry that you are really have a bad day i would put everything into words tell the phys c what is going on in your mind and that you want to see a woman as speaking to him is making you more fearful and that you do not want to be admitted to any facility as this would make matters worse for you as a person but some times they do work when all other avenues have been exhausted i know of one person who went to a ward hospital to get help and it worked for them another it made matters worse the choice is yours unless you self harm they can not force you to go unlike me i was a state child had no where to go the government owned me. till i was 16 then thrown on the streets like a sack of potatoes. are you looking for a way to end it or are you will to give this the best shot of fighting to be the best person you can be and start to make positive steps forward not back wards it all starts with you and know one else . stand up to be counted as a survivor not a victim

• Posted

Hi petram, i am willing to fight most of the time, if other things start going wrong it drags me down. Health is the Biggie, it affects my mood greatly. All i know is we are desperate to adopt and any mention of psychiatry and we are unable to adopt.i have let so many people down about this i am sure that i don't want to let anyone else down. I have lots of support behind me but just not family. I just would like to heal then i'll be OK. I'll update you if i hear from my present counsellor.

• Posted

please stop and listen to yourself what is important your health or having a child you need to look out for you if you dont look at yourself first how can you look after a child sorry to sound awfull but this is the truth what would the child want a happy mum this is why where here because we care the child should become before you but if you are not well and dont have a child yet get yoursef sorted first not the child

• Posted

Please stop, for years i have done nothing but try to sort this out and it comes to a point where enough is enough. I want to be happy. That's it, a child would DEFINITELY do that and at age 45 i would be heading towards having no family at all. If i let that happen, these 2 thugs have won. THEY CAN'T. Do j just roll over and admit defeat. Yes i have flashbacks, nightmares, i'm fearful but can't give up. That child would wipe this out. I don't care who now says what where. Getting this child home is the strongest thing. I am NOT stupid, a child would want a happy mum, but this female wants a happy life. Since 16 i've wanted this child, to have that chance removed twice. Sorry being honest.

• Posted

sam18386

sorry but i have never had motherly instincks or female urges so i appolige if i have up set you i have always been a person who is honest and says what she thinks for reading and listening and i felt that your obesion with having a child was the be all and end to your worrys i just want you to be happy and healthy

you see all i have is a computer and a dog in my world nothing else i cant drive live in the bush this is my world i find life to depressing but i hope one day it will get better for every one just be true to your self thats all i ask of any one in this world.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.