Butrans 10mg

Posted , 20 users are following.

[b:01454ab660]Would anybody be able to help me with this question please?

I have been using butrans patches for approx 6 weeks, I started off on the 5mg patch for the first 4 days then went to the 10mg patch for the next 7. The first couple of weeks on the 10mg was fine, but recently they have started to itch in a big way, almost as intense as a mosquito bite. After I have scratched the area its wet and the plaster starts to peel is this the medication that is coming away from the patch, or is it just that I have scratched so hard that the area is becoming redder and redder. Half way through I have to use sticking plaster to stop the patch from coming off. At the end of the 7th day when the patch needs renewing, I am left with an awful Burn on my skin which takes about 3 weeks to heal. Is there anyone else out there with the same symptoms.[/b:01454ab660]

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi, I used the patches for just over a year and had exactly the same side effects. Red rash and itchiness. I rotated the site of the patches every time I changed it and put moisturiser on the rash. If it's still bothering you and you're still using the patches, see your dr ??

• Posted

Absolutely! I had the same exact symptoms until I told my doctor. He advised me to use Flonase, Nasacort or similar allergy spray before putting the patch on. Just spray it, a couple of sprays, on the skin where you intend to put the patch. Let it dry for a couple of minutes the put the patch on. It really works! I thought maybe I no longer had this reaction and just a couple of months ago I used the patch without the spray and it was just like before. Very, very unbearable itching, blisters and literally scarring when I took the patch off lasting a couple of weeks and I only had it on one day! I sprayed a different area, put the patch on and all was good again!
  • Posted

Yes both my arms are burnt from that patch same as you.  And itched so badly, Drs took me off it .
    • Posted

Can I ask what your Doctor change your brutrans too? I'm having the same problem The patch burns my skin and itches I was wondering what your doctor put you on in replace of the Brutrans patch 

Thank you 

• Posted

My doctor told me to use Flonase or one of the similar corticosteroid drugs that can reduce inflammation caused by allergies.  He instructed me to spray it directly on the skin where I was going to put the patch.  Let it dry before putting the patch on and there should not be any abnormal release of the Butrans med.  I have been using this for over a year and it works PERFECT!  A few months back, I thought maybe it would be okay without using the Flonase, so I tried just putting the patch on without spraying the Flonase!  BIG MISTAKE.  Since then, I always spray before.  Hope this helps.
  • Posted

hi just taken butrans patch off and skin came away with it dont know if i should put anything on my skin please help

• Posted

3 weeks is a long time for a burn to heal at the same time, at least it will heal.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.