Butter ????

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello everyone, was wondering if anybody got a flair from either butter or basil. Today I had a flair and the only thing that was different in my diet was butter (gluten free) noodles garnished with fresh basil. It was yummy but now I'm flailing. After going through this ic problem for a year , you would thing that I would learn. I know I can eat the gluten free noodles but butter and basil isn't in my diet plan. Just thought I would increase the things I can eat. Just was wondering. Any input would be appreciated. 😊

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Brenda

Neither of those things are known to be a cause of flares but I guess everyone is different - anything could potentially cause a problem but butter and basil are listed as bladder friendly.  It’s always hard to know whether something you’ve done or eaten is the cause or just pure co-incidence! You can only try again I suppose - if you’re brave enough! If either is the culprit I’d guess at the basil rather than the butter.  I’m ok with both so not much help I’m afraid! Hope you solve it! 

• Posted

Thank you for your reply, yes I agree with you about the safe foods. The light bulb just came on in my head. It's my allergies, I have an allergy to tree pollen and this is the season for it. And it seems really bad for me this year. When I have an reaction my ic flares. There seems to be a connection.

• Posted

That could well be it - mystery solved - now you just have to work out how to deal with the allergies! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.