Butterflies in stomach

Posted , 6 users are following.

I’ve been suffering with anxiety for almost 4 months now, and what I find the most challenging is this nervous feeling/butterflies in my stomach. They are so intense and it comes on for no reason! This always makes me doubt that there could be something else wrong even though I have no other symptoms 

Does anyone else struggle from bad anxiety in their stomach?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I do!! I am struggling with a stomach ache for only 4 days now, do you feel like you need to burp at all? (Sorry if that sounds gross) if it’s your only symptom I think you should be fine💕

• Posted

Hi chelsey, I’ve been on 50mg zoloft for 8 weeks and my anxiety has improved so much. But I still get the butterflies in my stomach even after this long on meds. My Dr says it’s an absolute sign of anxiety and other than taking meds for it, which I don’t want to do, it will just have to play itself out in time. Good luck with everything 
  • Posted

Omg yes , I suffered very bad about 3 years ago, got on medication for it and finally got better, been well for 2 years and off meds for 3 months, but last 3 days it's popped it's head up again coz I had a heavy night of drinking last weekend, and I know how you feel, it just comes on out of no where and it's scaring me, it's cut my appetite completely, has that happened to you?

Sometimes a good night's sleep can sort things out, but I'm.worried it won't let me sleep, so I've bought night nurse to try help.knock me out.

I hope it gets better for you, I know how you feel it's sooo awful xx

• Posted

Quoting a friend...  

“...Anxiety causes your adrenal glands to secrete adrenaline; that's what makes your stomach feel like it's in a knot or have butterflies . Unfortunately the adrenaline is being secreted for the wrong reasons and it makes you tense rather than giving you extra energy to confront a crisis...”

I found this “how come” info to be helpful. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.