buttock,upper rear thigh,sciatica.

Posted , 5 users are following.

Anybody had these symptoms?

after prolonged sitting or on a car journey,a dull aching pain in the left (or right) butt cheek, sometimes extending down the leg. It is now particularly prevalant due to a broken ankle and 6 weeks of non-weight bearing. At night once it starts I cannot get comfortable and end up prowling around the house on my crutches!!

My doctor says it is sciatica....help anyone???

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

After fall hurt foot/ankle, unable to put weight on foot as painfull. No broken bones noted on xray.Due to hobling and strain developed sciatica. Pain mainly in foot then spreads to knee and eventually thigh. Pushing for help now as need to get out of house, going on for 11 weeks now on Tramadol for pain 6hourly. Using walking frame in house. No help for you but similar condition developed.
  • Posted

Sciatica cleared up but still left with injured foot problem, restricted movement of foot which was caused following fall. I rekon a bone must be slightly out of place.
  • Posted

I was diagnosed with sciatica yesterday after an ambiguous hamstring diagnosis by my GP. Like yourself, night was when the party started, I could not find relief in any position and in the morning it would take me ages to get any decent mobility back. I work for the ambulance service and as things were not getting any better opted to see my friends in A&E. Please note I was also given Tramadol which was later described as pointless by a doctor friend, it certainly didn't help me, codeine and ibuprofen did. Classic sciatic nerve pain will cause pain in the buttock travel down the back of the leg, down the shin to the foot. A co-existing injury affecting posture, I could well expect to worsen things. I'm due to see a physiotherapist in a few days I'll post my thoughts later. Hope you're better. D
  • Posted

Hi, Mine is from foot/ankle upwards. After a lot of strain did get some normal type sciatica but that settled and left with original foot problem. Unable to tolerate codeine or ibruprofen so Tramadol it has to be Tolerated pain today but need some relief overnight. Was told it was sciatica eventually then arthritus, so just want proper diagnosis and help.its 7 mnths since injury.

Have cut down on Tramasol.

• Posted

hi, just wondered if all was going well with you regarding ankle.
  • Posted

stuart 67 Hello, any progress madefollowing physiotherapy. I saw one but in spite of his effort had to see podiatry for care. My so called sciatica came and went but foot needs attention. Having to take tramadol as codiene not tollerated, at least it helps numb pain/discomfort, depends what dose is given.
  • Posted

Hi all

Have just joined group and I too am suffering with sciatica on left leg for past month & have been taking diazipam & solphodol. which take the edge of the pain but not cured. I recently had a fall and badly bruised right hip, ribs and elbow, and am now taking Naproxen, Co codomol & diazepam. Same as the rest of you I find the mornings very hard to get mobile. My niece (who is rather into natural remedies has suggested taking Turmeric which has an active ingredient of curcumin. Apparently you mix it to a paste with virgin oil, water/coconut milk and black pepper (which assists absorption) you can mix it through yogurt or anything else which you may find more palatable and it has great reviews in relieving pain. I have put these ingredients on my shopping list this week and going to give it a good try. I wondered if anyone else has heard or tried this?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.