Buying progesterone cream online

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi

Just looking to see if anyone has gone down this line & if they have any recommendations? Mixed response at Dr's with regard to perimenapause.  I'm 46 with periods closer together & not lasting as long, hair loss, anxiety. First Dr was a locum & thought I probably was peri & gave HRT patches but I ended up crying, feeling down & anxious. I saw another Dr (both female) who said to come off them & as I was still having periods I wasn't menopausal! She gave me propanalol for anxiety & took bloods. Went back for results & review (another different female dr!) who said hormones were normal but thyroid was 5.4 so slightly hypothyroid but they wouldn't treat that level but to continue with propanalol as it was helping. Anxiety is more manageable but seems to increase about day 4/ of my cycle which is when I think estrogen starts to rise. I know hormones are all over the place in peri but I think I am probably estrogen dominant so thought progesterone cream might balance things out? Any advice greatly appreciated.

Jo

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

In my opinion, natural progesterone is always a a good idea when in peri.  My hormone place had me take it on days 14-whenever you normally have your period.  

Moderator comment: I have removed the link(s) directing to site(s) unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

• Posted

I thought so to reading up about it but here in the uk it seems going to a private clinic or online is only options for accessing it😕

• Posted

Tell your doc this and go for it! Do not go online! Who knows what you’ll get. I go to a doc approved compound pharmacy.  My doc didn’t even want me to go to small 1 person owned pharmacy where they do compound.  Not trusted. 

Be well!

• Posted

Thanks for replying, dr's here in the uk seem so bad at dealing with peri & bhrt only available if you go to private clinics, so I was trying to figure things out a bit by myself 😕

• Posted

You are basically going through the same thing I went through at your age I finally stopped at age 47 I had anxiety burning tongue aching bones hands shoulders stomach flops crawly skin back aches dry eyes dry nose you name it I feel like I've been through at least 35 of the 66 symptoms hang in there there is a light at the end of the tunnel it's no fun if you can help it don't take anything it helps along better without drugs my doctor refused to give me anything he said it prolongs menopause

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.