Buzzing in my ears?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all, I have had this buzzing for a while now, and for the last 4-5 days when I have woken when I move/turn my head  I can only describe as I feel head drunk?!!. And just my head alsoo feel's like its drowning in water......it's sounds freaky yeah but........it's awful. I can only describe it by only my head? I have to sit up it passes after a few minutes but it scary? I started Sretline a few months back but this is just recently happening have any of u ladies any idea what this could be? I'm peri asnd as u know u carnt keep running to the doctor at every little thing that happens to u!!!. My doctor isn't much cop anyway I have learnt more FAR more from this site than from a doctor.... Any ideas please?  Xx

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I suffered dreadfully with my ears when I was Peri had every test possible as I could turn my head without having vertigo and I do have that whoosh noise still but tbh I thought it was my antidepressants causing it at times especially if I am late taking it.
  • Posted

GOSH, thanks Cazjaz for your super quick reply........yes UNFORTUNATLY another peri symptom!!!!!!!....... It's awful the last couple of days of it happening....thought at first I was coming down with the dreaded cold/flu...but with the vertigo as well it literally scared me...I have NEVER EVER experienced this ( and when something new happens to u it worries you) I was dumbfounded as to What was wrong with me?!!. 

On the other hane Hun how r u? U had that bleed AFTER 3.5 years of having nothing? I know u said u had gone to the hospital r u having on operation now?

oh the wonderful joys we all have..

take care Hun ........and thanking you for the quick rely...xx

• Posted

Hi I'm going to have the op in January I refused the first appointment as it was too near Christmas and I have a lot of responsibilities so couldn't be poorly over Christmas lol. Regarding the dizziness go to chemist and ask them for a motion sickness tabs give them ago just let them know what other meds you take. Hope you get some relief as I was distraught while suffering episodes of vertigo xx
    • Posted

And thank you for asking after me very kind of you to remember my moaning lol
  • Posted

Cazjaz, all the best for that then Hun .....I on the other hand have still NOT had / heard off the doctors in regards of my vitamin D results......waiting 2-3 weeks now!!!!!!!. Xx
    • Posted

You would need to phone them Hun as only takes 2 days as its all done online now bet it's back and never bothered to let you know 😡😡
  • Posted

Cazjaz I have already done that . I had a smear and blood test the same time and day with the nurse and was told my blood results would be done within a few days obviously. The results of the smear longer!!!..... Likewise I have already had a confirmation letter (I'm ok by the was!!.) , BUT nothing from my bloods....receptionist argued with me and said that the nurse was wrong to give this information to me!!!!!! And results take anything from 1-2 weeks?!!. I rang again Friday after work but no doctor has looked yet at my results? I know it's shocking my last results did not take this long!!!. I just wanted as come afternoon I start to get real tired......and Christmas is literally around the corner I need all my energy as I have 3 children Plus partner and  my youngest is only 8!i wanted to be getting the benifit from the vitamin d tablts obviously to help me with the tiredness!!!.fingers crossed I get results soon...x
    • Posted

Oh crikey sad if keep on at them till they get fed up and give you the results lol. Sounds like your iron levels might be low also if your so tired the Vit D for me was causing me to ache and crack my bones which once it was found I had no Vit D the massive dosage the doctors give you helps so much. Hope you get sorted soon. I know what you mean with Christmas I'm a full time live in carer for my disabled mum my youngest is 14 and the oldest and family come to mine for Christmas so it's just all work and when you feel totally crap it don't work well . Xxx
  • Posted

could be tinitius  come to think about it mine only started a few years ago ,so maybe it could be that is when most people get tinitius .mine is a hissing sound some people get a ringing sound ,as i said mine is a hissing sound its there all the time  my friend told me to turn on the radio to block out the sound it did help at the begining but now ive just got used to it .when i did go to my doctor he told me its for life and it has effected my hearing the hearing in that ear is quiet low compared to the other ear
    • Posted

Oh god yeah I did have tinnitus as well in peri and could here this bloody bell ring at a distance when I went to bed I am ok now though so some hope 😜

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.